So you all out the 0/12 guy in ranked, and get all your honor takes away???? really

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iboga2012

01-30-2013

Go for the middle ground of either not saying anything at all... or being constructive without saying "YOU SUCK NOOB!" Help by pinging dangerous areas in front of them, asking them to play a little more defensively, please don't turret dive, etc... you don't have to scream and yell at people for every little mistake. It's counterproductive and drives down the morale of the team and people who abuse others in their games are generally the ones dragging down the game and in the end cause the losses themselves.

Had a game not that long ago where I literally died three times the whole game (45min or so game) and was accused of feeding the entire time by someone... that person died like 9 times in the first 10 minutes, but everyone on the team starts jumping on the bandwagon and accusing me as well... needless to say we lost. More than likely if people had paid attention to stats, stopped yelling at me in chat for no reason and just ignored the abusive player we could have won.

All I'm saying is if you are constructive and productive with criticisms and not abusive you can get a lot further and possibly even teach the person(s) a thing or two. Whining about feeding, calling people noobs, etc... is going to lose you far more games than anything. Just be civil or don't say anything at all.

Oz SammyD X

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes MC View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6157301/#nogo

Case #6157301

i think this link will take to my case.

Seriously, look at not only what I said but also other people said in the text. Do I deserve to have all my honor taken away???

Even if these 5 case were bad, like I was insulting their moms, I still don't think I should have lose all my honors.

So what? couple curses make the other 400 times of being a good honorable player don't count anymore?????
I don't think you deserved to lose 400 honorable player, it was so minor what you were doing i see it literally every game i play, sure there were things you said that weren't very nice but i do not think you deserved that punishment at all, i do have to agree with that last thing you said though, having 400 honorable player and still receiving this punishment for such a little thing is pretty stupid.

Iboga2012

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
I don't think you deserved to lose 400 honorable player, it was so minor what you were doing i see it literally every game i play, sure there were things you said that weren't very nice but i do not think you deserved that punishment at all, i do have to agree with that last thing you said though, having 400 honorable player and still receiving this punishment for such a little thing is pretty stupid.
Did you even read the logs? He was pretty downright abusive in a few games and so-so in the others... Even one single violation is supposed to be grounds for punishment... there were probably 20 in those logs... not to mention this is only a small sample of the games this guy has been reported in... there are probably scores more that would show the same behavior. The fact of the matter is, it's just not nice to start calling people out and insulting them and doing so "WILL" get you punished (eventually).

kidavalon

01-30-2013

I don't even need to read past the first case. I would click 'punish.' The purpose of the Tribunal is to enforce the game's behavior code by consensus. Sometimes it works, occasionally it doesn't (at least by the metrics that they post), but the idea that you have an inherent right to verbally abuse people for what happens in a 'game' is absurd (let's face it, there are no "real life" consequences for winning or losing at this game unless you're in the top .01% of players).

Uccisore

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidavalon View Post
I don't even need to read past the first case. I would click 'punish.' The purpose of the Tribunal is to enforce the game's behavior code by consensus. Sometimes it works, occasionally it doesn't (at least by the metrics that they post), but the idea that you have an inherent right to verbally abuse people for what happens in a 'game' is absurd (let's face it, there are no "real life" consequences for winning or losing at this game unless you're in the top .01% of players).
I don't need to read any cases. It's a guy saying he shouldn't lose his honor for telling people they suck and raging at them. He's ****ing stupid.

Oz SammyD X

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iboga2012 View Post
Did you even read the logs? He was pretty downright abusive in a few games and so-so in the others... Even one single violation is supposed to be grounds for punishment... there were probably 20 in those logs... not to mention this is only a small sample of the games this guy has been reported in... there are probably scores more that would show the same behavior. The fact of the matter is, it's just not nice to start calling people out and insulting them and doing so "WILL" get you punished (eventually).
Did you even read what I said? I clearly said he said some bad things but it was not right to give such a harsh punishment like 400 honor points, maybe 1-2 weeks suspension but certainly not 400 honor points.

Next time READ CLEARLY! And don't just come up with a stupid reply with little to no thought about it.

LARK INC

01-30-2013

Well, for anyone too lazy to read here are the excerpts.

Game 1:
Diana [00:22:54] noob
Diana [00:32:20] noc soooooo bad
May or may not report for negative attitude, I'd look at the other games first
Didn't see anything really bad in game 2/3
Game 4:
Lux [00:01:33] why the ****k would you play ranked? (Would probably punish just for that comment alone. Cursing and abusive)
Lux [00:30:50] wtf garen
Lux [00:33:31] reporting garen
(Reporting someone just for being unskilled, yeah it's doable. But I doubt you reported him for unskilled, I'm sure you reported him for feeding because you feel justified in it. You aren't. Just making a bad situation worse by tunnel visioning on the worst player on a team)
Lux [00:37:22] garen just a troll
Game 5:
Katarina [00:17:27] stop feeding khazix
Katarina [00:18:50] u suck balls
Katarina [00:31:11] i gave up with this team
Katarina [00:50:53] u ****king jok
(Just the highlights but you were overall extremely abrasive, you need to realize a competitor doesn't win every game he plays when he teams with strangers. The good needs to be taken with the bad and you can't abuse teammates on performance. It does nothing but squander any chances you might've otherwise had by keeping your head down and playing. Your warning was warranted and I would've punished in a heartbeat.)

Kantala

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
Did you even read what I said? I clearly said he said some bad things but it was not right to give such a harsh punishment like 400 honor points, maybe 1-2 weeks suspension but certainly not 400 honor points.

Next time READ CLEARLY! And don't just come up with a stupid reply with little to no thought about it.
The problem with this is that it wouldn't be right to keep those honor points if you are acting dishonorably. That's the reason why they are taken away. If you take a look at the history of the Samurai, this is what happens. When you dishonored your name, you brought great shame to yourself and your family name. If you didn't commit seppekku, you were outcast from society along with your entire family. So, in a sense, you lose all your honor for acting shamelessly. It's a similar concept, without the suicide aspect. Do you truly believe that you should keep your honor after acting like a jerk? Riot certainly doesn't. This punishment is incurred for every infraction you incur via the tribunal.