How to counter darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord of T3h Ring

01-29-2013

Darius is a very powerful champion that can easily kill unsuspecting players. Darius generally loses to people who can sustain and kite. Darius also has no escapes, so if he caught out of position he will die. Darius can very easily lose to a fight against ashe. For example, darius may attempt to initiate with his apprehend but ashe can still stun him, run out, and kite darius all day. A good way to counter darius is to call a gank early game to shut him down. Once you are ahead of darius, he will struggle to catch up if you can out 1v1 him.

Overall, to beat darius :
Kite him (Furor and slows are really handy)
Harrass him (especially if his grab is on cooldown, 20 seconds of free harrass)
Try to stun or knockback if you are grabbed by him
Ask for an early gank from mid.
If he is overextended, punish him if you are ranged and dont be afraid to attack him if he is within turret range.

Beeboy1234

01-30-2013

Thanks for all the tips

Ten Inch Rooster

01-30-2013

As mentioned before Darius is quickly countered by Kayle and Yorick (Kayle being the most fun to kill him with as you screw his kit over hard). I would like to add though Teemo and Renekton have a solid advantage on him as well.

dehunter456

01-30-2013

A good inexpensive champ who is pretty awesome at countering Darius and also makes people (noobs) RAAAAGE is Cho'Gath. When Darius pulls you in, silence him with W so he can't deal any damage with his Q. Then, you Q him and auto attack with your E's passive. You should win the trade. If he's low, then check if there is a circle of spikes around him. That means you can feast him and make him RAAAAAGE hard . Repeat as necessary.

4Degreez

01-30-2013

The best counter to Darius is Akali. Nidalee and Garen are also counters to Darius.

alaskaneagle

01-30-2013

I find most ranged champs with a pair of boots to start counter him pretty easy. You can also counter him with a good ranged poke.

My go to's for dar are either teemo, or (if wes need a tank on the team) mundo.

I could see urgot destroying darius pretty easily and he's a pretty popular top right now. Pretty much though if they have range just make sure their move speed is higher than his, build an item to slow him first and sing trolalalalalalalala trolalalalalalalalalala as you kite him till he's forced out of lane, your jungler ganks or he stays to long and you kill him (make sure he's not baiting you for a gank though)