How to counter darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beeboy1234

01-29-2013

Plz help

OriginalJack

01-29-2013

People who can harass him safely. Standing next to him and trying to trade hits is not what you want to do because he's going to come out on top.
My go-to's are usually Yorick or Kayle but there are several other good options.

XAlFias

01-29-2013

A thing i have noticed is that players who play as Darius , Vi or Teemo (and a few others) are ALWAYS over-confident and they harass ,nah , Bully the enemy . You can use that to your own advantage .

Never take on Darius alone .Only if his health is below 30% . Remember that he can finish you in a few secs if all his skills are active , but try to move restlessly when farming so that he can miss the hook n pull , Don't go too close to him or he might spin his axe , the further the better , but at edge of the axe and u get maximum damage . Darius players spam skills , so if you dodged all of them (which is really hard) you have a 50/50 chance to get an easy kill , i know he ain't squishy , but never Chase him , unless you got the place warded and know you can do this .

Hope i helped even a tinsy bit . I wish you well

Guncest

01-29-2013

Buy plenty of health pots and start with armor to negate a portion of his harass. Starting cloth armor and 5 pots and harassing the hell out of him and killing him before he hits 6 is your best shot. Stay out of range of his pull and ward the hell out of your lane, ganks are certain death if you're laning against post-6 Darius. As the game progresses, you'll want to build more health than armor, as his pull has a passive that ignores armor and many Darius players build black cleaver. I personally recommend Vlad and Jayce against him. Good luck.

Armored Revenger

01-29-2013

Play Garen. I've had quite a bit of success fighting Darius because you can trade with him if he tries to use Apprehend by using Judgement > Decisive Strike then backing off. He ends up usually worse for wear as long as you two are about even in skill for a few reasons.

1. Garen's base stats are better than Darius. Darius pretty much only has the superior Ultimate.

2. Darius hates fighting characters with sustain because as Garen you can trade, wait in brush and when you come back out he'll always have less health than you because of Perseverance.

3. Darius uses mana and Garen doesn't. He relies solely on cooldowns making him able to use his skills much more often.

4. Garen can run away or chase Darius if necessary with Courage > Decisive Strike while Darius has no escape tools and Apprehend can be dodged.

5. Garen can Silence with Decisive Strike. If you're in a trade and Garen and Darius are both low you can Silence Darius and either run away because it delays his Ultimate or you can cast yours before his killing him before he can use it.

Tony bell

01-29-2013

There are a lot of good answers here, for countering champions in general I highly suggest http://Championselect.net
since it also gives reasons that the champion is countered, and how to trade etc...

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-29-2013

If I told you how to be the antigen to Darius I would then have to extirpate you. So I'd rather keep it shrouded. Rumble, and Teemo, perchance Kennen, and perchance Yorick. These champs can be the Darius antigens.

Cloaked Figure

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Darius players tend to chase. Singed punishes chasers.

I see a possibility here.

wHiSkErTeMx73744

01-29-2013

I could list a bunch of champions to play to counter darius, but seeing how this is the new player forum I'm assuming you aren't playing draft-style games, so countering a champ that may or may not be there is a little silly.

What you can do instead is itemize. If you can fit Quicksilver Sash into your build, it removes Darius's bleeding debuff, which is a very large portion of his DoT damage, and it also increases his ult damage by up to 200%. Using QSS right before he uses his ult will, while tricking him into using it, reduce the damage back to 100%, usually leaving you with enough HP to escape.

If you can't do this, then simply play smart. Place wards at key spots, and don't wander around all alone near late game.

RadicalEquinox

01-29-2013

Darius is one of the champions that "kill or be killed". If you initiate, be sure that you can kill him, because he has no way of running away. If you try to escape, it is very likely that you will die