Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh - Urgot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onij

01-29-2013

Why don't people use it? Position-reversal with a lantern not OP yet?

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Thresh has a chain that pulls, but I like where your head is at.

Stringfever

01-29-2013

If you want positioning lulz, go Blitz+Urgot instead. If you wanna win your lane, go Soraka+Urgot and tell her to max E. If you want smash every single lane with your preamde buddy, go Urgot+Taric like korean mofos and gg bot lane.

Onij

01-29-2013

Quote:
Stringfever:
If you want positioning lulz, go Blitz+Urgot instead. If you wanna win your lane, go Soraka+Urgot and tell her to max E. If you want smash every single lane with your preamde buddy, go Urgot+Taric like korean mofos and gg bot lane.

It's more for the fact that your team can quickly take the enemy AD Carry out of the back of the other team, and quickly be brought back to safety.
Blitz can only pick off the front line, same with Thresh's chain.

13ann3d4l1f3

01-29-2013

i figured this out - urgot / sona

umm you dont do any dmg now do u vayne?

urgot passive + sona green chord = fighting siege minion

Onij

01-29-2013

Quote:
13ann3d4l1f3:
i figured this out - urgot / sona

umm you dont do any dmg now do u vayne?

urgot passive + sona green chord = fighting siege minion

I was thinking purely on idea of team fights and initiations. I personally think Thresh+Urgot would be one of the best around (and you could chuck in a TF mid for yellow card stun, or something like that). Bye bye adc in seconds. Hello easy teamfight.

Treza

01-29-2013

well these things are always simple on paper but what happens when the adc isnt standing at the front of his team like a donkey sticking his tongue out at you? it isnt as simple as just walking up and cc'ing the adc and plus many adcs these days are using cleanse

Onij

01-29-2013

Quote:
Treza:
well these things are always simple on paper but what happens when the adc isnt standing at the front of his team like a donkey sticking his tongue out at you? it isnt as simple as just walking up and cc'ing the adc and plus many adcs these days are using cleanse

Does cleanse stopt urgot's ult?
Also doesn't the ult range reach past the front line? If it didn't it would be pretty useless swapping places with someone too close to you...

+ the suggestion was for 5v5s with organized teams rather than SoloQ (people are stupid enough on soloq without trickery :P)

PoisonedPeace

01-29-2013

Clense doesnt work on surpressions lol
and since the update most people dont get QSS so I would say it sounds good

Treza

01-29-2013

Quote:
Onij:
Does cleanse stopt urgot's ult?

well im not actually sure i personally rarely play adc and when i do i dont use cleanse so i dont know everything about it, and ive only laned against urgot a few times since he has been out of favor the majority of the time ive played the game

i think cleanse doesnt work against some things maybe urgots ult is 1 of those things. i know you can use qss against it though which people usually build if the enemy team has urgot malz ww etc late game so its still not as simple as it sounds