Tips on getting out of "Elo Hell"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KibaWolf04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Hi guys,

So I have to admit that I'm VERY frustrated with this game. I have lost EVERY game since I hit the 1200s bracket. I feel like I am doing everything to counter the trolling, immaturity, and afking in this bracket but cannot simply do enough to carry the team.

The mentality shift in this bracket is amazing. Everyone fights over the same roles, and then people take roles they cannot play just because it's open (IE the Jungler who's level 3 at 10minutes in due to lack of knowledge of jungling). I encourage everyone in the champ select screen to just pick characters and roles they are comfortable but everyone is so hell-bent on using the meta that it's costing us the game.

I noticed another thing people are doing is failing to ward. As a result, I'm constantly picking up extra wards and going to ward other people's lanes since they are getting ganked. I'm even picking up pink wards so hopefully our jungler will have an easier time ganking other lanes. No avail.

Another common problem I'm noticing is people face checking bushes to ward. (I don't understand this.) As a result, last game I picked up Luxana and made sure to luminosity the bush before the support walked in to ensure he wasn't walking into a trap.

These are just some of the few examples I'm doing to really try to win the game. I'm also trying to break up the constant bickering and fighting going on between the team. Everyone is just so hostile towards each other. I feel like only 12 year olds exist in this bracket.

Finally, it appears that I tend to win my lanes early but then the other lanes snowball so hard that we lose. Am I saying I'm a perfect player? HELL NO. I have a lot to learn still and am constantly working on improving my game. But there is a time when you realize that you are not the one costing the game by face-checking, running in 3v1, or just constantly making bad plans. Sometimes I'll try to follow with the person making the "stupid play" by running in 3v1 with hopes that 2v3 will scare them off a bit more or I can save my teammate in some way. Either way...no avail.

I'm at a complete loss now and just overly frustrated. I'm not sure what else I can do to win the game. Even when I "carry" the team, I still can't do enough to ensure the victory. I would really appreciate tips from anyone who was able to carry themselves out in SOLO RANKED queue. I would really like to "fix" my elo before the season 3 starts and I think that's why I'm just overly frustrated with the matter.

Can anyone provide any tips/suggestion on how to carry yourself out alone?

Thanks in advance

-KibaWolf04

LysandersHammer

01-29-2013

Play mid or top. Pick champs that can **** up an ADC and get out. Thats the only way to solo it out. Trust me, Im in the middle of that process myself. Fizz mid is great for sniping champs and escaping, and singed top is unkillable if you farm/get fed. Also, i have found out that Sona can change a game dramatically, regardless of how bad your team is.

YoungGoN4v5

01-29-2013

There is no magic secret to improving elo. You are roughly 1350 and that is pretty respectable. The thing is to improve your elo you have to improve how you play. The key times when to baron or dragon, when and how to take objectives, mastering team selection, general mechanics, when these things improve above where you are then you as a player will reflect it. This game isn't like COD where you invest 2 weeks in and you can be as good as the pros. The only way to get ebtter is hard work and dedication. Keep up with the meta and good luck improving man.

KibaWolf04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I like the Fizz suggestion. I thought about the same with Diana. The problem is that I try not to "claim" roles during champion select since I can play any role (except Jungle) really well and would prefer a teammate who excels at a particular role obtain that role. It appears that a lot of people in this elo are bullied into roles they cannot play and I don't promote that since it only hinders the entire team. You may be right that I'm only hindering myself by promoting the team, since maybe I can carry the team with a more dominant role. Maybe I'll have to give that a shot