Tribunal: Goals, Results and Criteria for punishment.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warm Gun

01-29-2013

The Goal of the tribunal is to improve player behavior right?

The Result, seemingly is that it has accomplished that.

You only get punished if you violate the summoners code.

BUT! There are people who have learned to operate around the tribunal and get away with toxic behavior.

They do so by claiming innocence in chat, after doing things like pinging a mid to blue buff, then smite stealing it away and laughing. Or going to gank a lane, waiting for ally to engage, then leaving and letting ally die.

These are forms of trolling that cannot be detected in chat, and in my opinion is worse than chat trolls, because often times they evoke rage in people and cause them to violate the summoners code, then the toxic player gets away free, and the victim of the trolling gets punished.

What are ways we can prevent this from happening? I feel like the only way to know, is for a video of the game to be reviewed before anyone is banned, to see what is really going on.

Personally, I don't care what people say in chat, as long as they play to win, even if they satisfy some sick impulse to aggravate people. I've dealt with people like this enough to not take anything they say personally, and realize that it doesn't matter what they think.

What is important to me is that people listen to feedback, correct mistakes, and play to the best of their ability, even if that means venting in chat when they get mad.

170 Calories

01-29-2013

Look we wont be able to catch everybody but you are not powerless against your anger. Control your temper and leave a detailed message on the griefer in the report box.

Oh and feedback when given in a positive way is helpful. Raging and cussing at someone as feedback, only pisses them off a and typically implodes the team.

The problems with your idea is that we see 20 cases per day, each case can have as many as 5 games each. So to view a 30 minute game, 1 case with five games that would be 2.5 hours. Do the math....

Kirska

01-29-2013

In my experience people who do things like that will slip up and troll in chat at some point.