when i start ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent of God

01-29-2013

normal wins dont matter. i got gold season 2 with less than 300 wins and i got gold again with just a little over 300 wins.

oRegret

01-29-2013

Premade is safer because you get no trolls, but the other team can pwn you if you don't have coordination. I play soloq

PoisonedPeace

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
It isn't a mistake that the same people end up on top of those lists every season. It is because they really are that good!
Of course its a mistake. They just get lucky and dont get troll teammates

I dont really understand the math behind elo though :P

but I would imagine that soloq is the best measure of individual ability to positively contribute?

oRegret

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Of course its a mistake. They just get lucky and dont get troll teammates

I dont really understand the math behind elo though :P

but I would imagine that soloq is the best measure of individual ability to positively contribute?
You could get carried tho

PoisonedPeace

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRegret View Post
You could get carried tho
Getting carried is such a ridiculous concept lol.
First of all, the other team theoretically has the same skill level players as your team does. (and even if they arent, they are still good enough to not do anything much more stupid than you would do)
Second, whoever is "carrying" is not doing it by himself. If you were so bad that you couldnt even aid whoever is "carrying" it would essentially be a 4v5
Third, it is a team game. Even when your team is teamfighting and your in lane killing minions, you are effecting the game. No one carries by themselves. The team carries the damage dealers by helping them get kills.

I have yet to see anyone in any game single handedly or even two or three people, single handedly win a game without the help of the other two.

Someone might have a good game. I had a 28/6 game with akali a couple games ago, but had my team just rolled over and derped I would not have gotten so many kills. Every kill is a result of a series of events that trigger actions.

#rant

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Getting carried is such a ridiculous concept lol.
First of all, the other team theoretically has the same skill level players as your team does. (and even if they arent, they are still good enough to not do anything much more stupid than you would do)
Second, whoever is "carrying" is not doing it by himself. If you were so bad that you couldnt even aid whoever is "carrying" it would essentially be a 4v5
Third, it is a team game. Even when your team is teamfighting and your in lane killing minions, you are effecting the game. No one carries by themselves. The team carries the damage dealers by helping them get kills.

I have yet to see anyone in any game single handedly or even two or three people, single handedly win a game without the help of the other two.

Someone might have a good game. I had a 28/6 game with akali a couple games ago, but had my team just rolled over and derped I would not have gotten so many kills. Every kill is a result of a series of events that trigger actions.

#rant
Whenever I've carried a bad team - I've had at least one decent player helping me do so. Unless you're in the lowest (and I mean insanely low) of elos, you're not going to be winning the game 1 v 5. Carrying is more or less making the difference that turns the tides in your favor - if something you specifically do consistently decides whether or not you win those teamfights, you are helping to carry your team, regardless of the kda.

If you fail to make enough of a difference or your team fails to capitalize on the advantage its a loss.