Dropping Tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

02-12-2013

The S3 FAQ states that players can be demoted in Divisions, but not across Tier lines. I've been battling back and forth between D1 and 2 of Bronze. When I get to Silver- likely very soon- will I actually be safe from Bronze?

The reason I doubt this is that I have a friend who claimed to have dropped from Silver to Bronze, which I believe I actually saw with my own eyes independently of him telling me. Has anyone else dropped Tier? Will I be safe? I never ever want to be in Bronze again once I get out.

Mouseantler

02-12-2013

You will not ever be demoted back to bronze once you hit silver, yes.

DragnDave

02-12-2013

There is a way to be demoted tiers, yet very unlikely. If you don't play for a super long time, you can be demoted. But if you're playing, no matter how much you lose, you will not be demoted.

Elsabet

02-12-2013

Yeah, not referring to not playing for a long time. That would never happen to me. Haha. But my friend who I think was demoted Tier, this was within a few days after the new system was implemented. I wonder if maybe he hadn't played in a while, including before the switch. Man- what a bad time to be inactive if that counted against him!

Nakawaka

02-12-2013

My friend tried out ranked and stopped a few weeks before the new system. He was silver, but after a while he was gone from the league as a whole because well, he just didn't play.

ROKAF JE

02-12-2013

Your tier will show as silver, your MMR (ELO) can still plummet to bronze V.

There is no safety in Silver, btw.