Arranged ranked 5v5s incentives/compensations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1nC0NtroL

02-11-2013

Why we want arranged:

1. The game is shifting toward competitive play. SoloQ is simply a different game. If we want the competitive to really be competitive, we need more people to play "the real game".
  2. Once a player gets a team he is committed to, he becomes a more dedicated player, and has a greater reason to better himself.
  3. Getting better as a team is much more rewarding, IMO.
  4. Players won't bump into people they don't like and who, they feel, troll their games on purpose that way. If one of their team mates is doing that, they can do something about it.
  5. Might (probably wont) reduce the amount of toxicity in the community, as players will try to find themselves a team.

Why players don't play arranged?
  1. People don't like to be judged. They don't want to ket down their own team mates.
  2. It's a lot of pressure.
  3. From what I've seen, most players play arranged with real life friends. While this is fine, I think the goal is to get same level players to prefer arranged ranked to solo ranked, once they find a team with other players of the same level. The problem is, arranging such a team is kind of a hard job most people don't find rewarding enough.
  4. Even if you have a team, arranging a game usually takes a very long time for the first game, and less for consecutive games (though, still more time than when playing alone).

What Riot can do:
  1. Highlight videos of pros way of facing defeat (such as xPeke's video where he claims instead of blaming, he watches the replay to see where he got outplayed). IMO, much more important (though less entertaining) than the pros' favorite champs.
  2. Publish a guide for starting teams etc.
  3. Although, my guess is, most players who aren't playing arranged ranked do not do it because of the IP/minute loss, an IP compensation/incentive might help. Maybe a good option is to run a parallel first win of the day for arranged ranked games. Also, the IP gain per gain should be a little higher, as means of compensation.
  4. The highlighted games which people can spectate should prioritize arranged ranked.

That's all I have for now. Will be happy to hear ideas from other people.

PS
Thank you for the game and everything you are doing for eSports.

Jwarlock

02-11-2013

I am looking to make a team, of RL friends or not, but i want a solid team that can actually go somewhere. Message me in game sometime.

1nC0NtroL

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwarlock View Post
I am looking to make a team, of RL friends or not, but i want a solid team that can actually go somewhere. Message me in game sometime.
I'm sorry, I'm an EU based player. Try this section of the forums: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...splay.php?f=23

1nC0NtroL

02-12-2013

Is this the right forum section, or should it be migrated to General Discussion?