Unable to Open League!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galtorr

01-29-2013

Hey guys,
The problem i am having is when i open the league launcher the game just will not open.
The "leagueofLegends" symbol pops up and it will not go past that, just looking for a solution so i can get back to gaming!
Ty Galtor

laststanding6

01-29-2013

same here. if you leave it long enough, does it come up with the error: Cannot connect to http server? if so, either server is down or is glitchy cause i have done everything. apparently for now you just have to wait it out. see if your firewall is blocking it. other than that, something is wrong with the servers.

Galtorr

01-29-2013

kk thank you

Doublelift헐

01-29-2013

yeah.. i have that issue as well.. but mine is "RADS ERROR" - "Could not connect to the HTTP server. Please check that your internet connection is enabled and that your firewall is not blocking access."

funny thing is.. i can go on youtube and all those other websites without problems -

but i cant access facebook/twitter as well.. maybe its an ISP issue

RiotTyphon

Development Communications Coordinator

01-29-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear so many of you are having problems. This is usually related to a failed self-patch of the patcher and can usually be fixed through a few things:

1) The most common solution is to force the patcher to repatch itself. You can do this by deleting this folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

2) Many players also fixed this problem by disabling the UAC:

If neither of those steps work then try doing the following:

3) Manually Updating/Installing the .Net Framework 3.5

If you continue to have problems, i would suggest contacting our support team Here, and they should be able to help you resolve this issue