Hmmm apparently I ruined their experience, tell me how Im wrong here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redrum4

01-29-2013

This morning when i tried to log in, I saw a magic message on the screen, which stated that I was banned, now don't get me wrong I'm fine to be punished if I ruined someones experience, feed or just played badly etc, but take a look at this case. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6150645/
This is not even a recent game, I'm getting banned for a game that occurred over a month ago if not more. I probably was too harsh, but look at the statistics, woman lie, man lie, but numbers don't. I was playing Kayle top as usual, and even tried to help our troll teemo support but when they started feed I guess I lost it lol. I know raging is not good, but when you play ranked and have 3 guys on the same team who died over 10 times each, in a match that only lasted 31 min, you kinda lose the fun side about the game. Things even get worse when you get reminded about the match that you played 2-3 or maybe even a month ago. All i want to know is what would you do in this case, and who ruined who's experience??? Because I'm not getting it........ And this is ridiculous to call this justice, look at the case and tell me what you think, thank you.

Kirska

01-29-2013

Really? You can't figure out what you did wrong here?

C'mon. Let's be serious. You really can't figure it out on your own?

Harate

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum4 View Post
I probably was too harsh,
Ok so you understand why you're banned then?

The match could have been from a year ago. It doesn't mean your behavior was ok.

Redrum4

01-29-2013

lol being harsh is one thing, but whats the point of even trying to get out of low elo when people are hardcore feeders, in that game i had not just one person who fed, but 3

Leo2k5

01-29-2013

Being bad at the game is not punishable. Screaming nastiness at your teammates is. How would you feel if, say, you were playing a game of softball with your neighbors and you struck out or missed a throw, and your teammates started shouting at you how useless and terrible at the game you are, and to gtfo and go home and stop ruining the game? You'd probably feel pretty bad. THAT is how you ruined their experience.

PenguinKillBear

01-29-2013

Quote:
lol being harsh is one thing, but whats the point of even trying to get out of low elo when people are hardcore feeders, in that game i had not just one person who fed, but 3
raging and insulting your teammates is not ok. It doesnt matter if they feed or troll or call you names. Retaliating is not ok.

Redrum4

01-29-2013

Quote:
Being bad at the game is not punishable. Screaming nastiness at your teammates is. How would you feel if, say, you were playing a game of softball with your neighbors and you struck out or missed a throw, and your teammates started shouting at you how useless and terrible at the game you are, and to gtfo and go home and stop ruining the game? You'd probably feel pretty bad. THAT is how you ruined their experience.
that's debatable, I'm not saying I did the right thing or anything, you cant just switch the subject to some softball game at your neighbor back yard. And if you like this parallel then imaging playing on NBA team and losing badly to the other team after the game ends, you will most likely not like things that your couch
gonna tell you. But that's the truth whether you like it or not, I have nothing against the players, but its time for people to know difference between ranked games and normals. You say being bad is not punishable and that's exactly whats wrong with lol community. So so players just ruin games, and other people get banned for it.

PenguinKillBear

01-29-2013

Quote:
that's debatable, I'm not saying I did the right thing or anything, you cant just switch the subject to some softball game at your neighbor back yard. And if you like this parallel then imaging playing on NBA team and losing badly to the other team after the game ends, you will most likely not like things that your couch
gonna tell you. But that's the truth whether you like it or not, I have nothing against the players, but its time for people to know difference between ranked games and normals. You say being bad is not punishable and that's exactly whats wrong with lol community. So so players just ruin games, and other people get banned for it.
No other people get banned for it because they are not able to keep their own emotions in check when losing. It is not debatable whether being bad is punishable or not because Riot has dictated that it isn't.

SimplyAlive

01-29-2013

Quote:
And if you like this parallel then imaging playing on NBA team and losing badly to the other team after the game ends, you will most likely not like things that your couch gonna tell you.
You are a peer, not the coach.

That is the fundamental flaw in your analogy. You are not in the position to behave like you did in your report card.

MFKrazed

01-29-2013

1. Doesn't matter when the game was.
2. Retaliation is unacceptable.
3. In-game circumstances do not excuse your behavior.

System is pretty clearly working as intended.