@Lyte Tribunal has become too lenient again

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0QPe8VDDB3

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRS View Post
Ah i see, Well I'm glad Dr.Lyte has posted just above me ^_^.
Nope.

Enterti

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There was definitely an issue with Skips showing up as an Community Agreement every time--this has been fixed. Thankfully, the Skips were not counting as votes and this was just a display issue.

When we analyze system-wide metrics, the global punish/pardon thresholds from the players haven't really changed. Our current lead is that cases might have been re-sorted after the Tribunal recess and therefore a bunch of Pardons were processed together, and a bunch of Punishments were processed together because that might be how Player Support did the reviews then handed out the verdicts this time. We're looking into this lead.
Thanks for looking into everything Lyte, and thanks even more for keeping us up to date. Do you have any speculation on why so much of it was (at least in my opinion) incorrectly judged? I am still getting quite a few poor cases, the ones in the picture just happened to all be grouped together.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
There was definitely an issue with Skips showing up as an Community Agreement every time--this has been fixed. Thankfully, the Skips were not counting as votes and this was just a display issue.

When we analyze system-wide metrics, the global punish/pardon thresholds from the players haven't really changed. Our current lead is that cases might have been re-sorted after the Tribunal recess and therefore a bunch of Pardons were processed together, and a bunch of Punishments were processed together because that might be how Player Support did the reviews then handed out the verdicts this time. We're looking into this lead.
I still don't buy that some of those cases were actually pardoned...

Well, I kind of do...but...

McDerp

01-30-2013

bump for justice

Enterti

01-31-2013

Bump, still getting way more bad cases than usual

LittleDi

01-31-2013

Quote:

Da pokes, it works? I'll have to remember that.

Enterti

02-01-2013

Bump stuff like this should never be pardoned.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6175496/

Ari

02-03-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6184871/

31 reports for 5 games from both ally and enemy; the most I've ever seen on a case.

Clear and obvious racism, offensive language, negative attitude, and verbal abuse.

I just don't understand this how this could be pardoned. It doesn't make sense at all.

Enterti

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6184871/

31 reports for 5 games from both ally and enemy; the most I've ever seen on a case.

Clear and obvious racism, offensive language, negative attitude, and verbal abuse.

I just don't understand this how this could be pardoned. It doesn't make sense at all.
At this point I am resigned to the fact that they will end up back in and will likely not be given the same leniency again. Though I still get really annoyed by this type of case.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-03-2013
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
At this point I am resigned to the fact that they will end up back in and will likely not be given the same leniency again. Though I still get really annoyed by this type of case.
Actually, this is a special case.

When a case has majority or higher vote to punish but has "None" under punishment, it actually means our special Player Support teams intervened on the case and punished the player before the Tribunal case closed.

In many cases, players like these are permanently banned by Player Support before the Tribunal case closes, so when the Tribunal case closes the punishment is "None" because no Tribunal punishment was applied. We have a tweak planned to make these cases more understandable in the future.