@Lyte Tribunal has become too lenient again

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

01-29-2013

yeah my review now lists more or less 10 pardons i strongly disagree with in a row

it's ridiculous and it really did a hilarious number on my accuracy stats (lol)

i don't know if the criteria for the outcomes actually changed or if we just got a huge wave of very lenient voters over the weekend but i'm curious to figure out what's up

Enterti

01-29-2013

I think it was a criteria change. Which is really unfortunate, they probably loosened the criteria since there are so many more games/case, but that just means that people are pardoning more becasue they will read one or two cases and miss the toxic game I guess. Or maybe the fact that a few cases only have one really bad game is making people parrdon. Either way it needs to be tightened up.

YoshioPeePee

01-29-2013

someone brought forward a theory that the downtime caused less people overall to keep voting in the tribunal

and if most voters took a break that left it more vulnerable to non-mainstream voters (such as people who are super lenient or pardon every case out of protest)

it makes sense, if this is true than this should clear up in a few days when people stop being sick of the really long downtime we suffered and come back to it

Enterti

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
someone brought forward a theory that the downtime caused less people overall to keep voting in the tribunal

and if most voters took a break that left it more vulnerable to non-mainstream voters (such as people who are super lenient or pardon every case out of protest)

it makes sense, if this is true than this should clear up in a few days when people stop being sick of the really long downtime we suffered and come back to it
Well Lyte also said in a thread they were making some backend changes and that they also changed the amount of games in the case. So while the downtime may have had an effect i believe that the main reason for the amount of poorly judged cases was the backend changes on how cases are reviewed.

YoshioPeePee

01-29-2013

yeah if they changed the percentage of votes needed to get a pardon than that would definitely be what is doing it

would be curious to find out what exactly is up

Fusionkast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I have an 8 pardon outcome streak racked up, 2 of which I got wrong. Highest I've seen since I've started doing the Tribunal. In fact the two streaks I had going after the break were both broken by pardons which I voted punish. It's going to be interesting to see how the cases keep resolving within these next couple of days. I don't expect a 20+ streak for a while.

Shelzin

01-29-2013

I long ago just accepted that I will pardon more than most judges. And... After all this went through I guess it's still true. I have a 10 stack pardon list currently:

Punish Minority Pardon
Pardon Strong Majority Pardon
Pardon Majority Pardon
Pardon Majority Pardon

Punish Minority Pardon
Pardon Strong Majority Pardon
Punish Very Few Pardon
Punish Minority Pardon
Pardon Overwhelming Majority Pardon
Pardon Overwhelming Majority Pardon

Seems to be the same kind of thing as everyone else. So I feel good that I got more pardons through that I believe should be alright... But holy hot damn... Those I punish others disagree with???????? That is a little odd.

Keonyn

01-29-2013

I'm generally more lenient than most (or so I believe), but I've had a number of cases lately where I punished and the end result was a pardon from the Tribunal. I'm not quite sure it's an epidemic though since while 5 of my last 6 were pardons, there is only 1 other pardon total on the rest of the page and only 2 on the page prior. So I don't know, sometimes I felt the system was a little too bias to punish before.

The one that really baffles me though is this recent one:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6151473/

As you can see the Tribunal majority opinion was to punish, and you need only look at the chat log in the games to see why. However, on my list it shows that in spite of the majority decision to punish the user was pardoned, and if you view the case it clearly shows a punishment of none. I mean, you don't even need to scroll down at all on the 1st games chat to see this persons toxic behavior and yet they're pardoned? Simply amazing.

Enterti

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keonyn View Post
I'm generally more lenient than most (or so I believe), but I've had a number of cases lately where I punished and the end result was a pardon from the Tribunal. I'm not quite sure it's an epidemic though since while 5 of my last 6 were pardons, there is only 1 other pardon total on the rest of the page and only 2 on the page prior. So I don't know, sometimes I felt the system was a little too bias to punish before.

The one that really baffles me though is this recent one:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6151473/

As you can see the Tribunal majority opinion was to punish, and you need only look at the chat log in the games to see why. However, on my list it shows that in spite of the majority decision to punish the user was pardoned, and if you view the case it clearly shows a punishment of none. I mean, you don't even need to scroll down at all on the 1st games chat to see this persons toxic behavior and yet they're pardoned? Simply amazing.
That is actually a common bug check it again in half an hour or so it should switch

12345 ... 9