Mommy I can't have my lane! I'm trolling Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FidoShock

01-29-2013

This has become the bane of my existence lately, people acting like children over lane choice. Lately it has gotten to the point where they don't even dodge, they just pick a troll champ/lane/build. Literally I just got done with an ad Annie. Whats more she straight up said before game "ad Annie then." If it's not a ranked game then the response is "chill kid it's just norms." I'm sorry I don't want to wait 20 mins while you feed/afk.

The longer these games go, the more you fall behind, because MR. AD jungle Anivia will wall you out, then call you bad for his mistake.

Proposed solution 1: Do something with these honor points, skins or make it a currency. as of now no one cares about it any longer.

Proposed solution 2: Pre game lobby can't be seen by tribunal, make this happen!

Proposed solution 3: Queue system, check preferred positions/roles and queue under them, thus auto assigning roles.

Proposed solution 4: Post dodge, negative attitude report, no need to sit through a game to report a negative Nancy who leaves with 2 secs. to go, if this IS in place provide tribunal with chat log.

MY favorite proposed solution: Adults only league, very provisional, rage = kick, no kids allowed, permabans back to normal league.

I work, I get a few hours after to release and play a game only to have 3/4 made unplayable due to my team feeding, or their team feeding. Not to mention HOURS lost from the dodgers, especially the ones who wait last second in a draft pick.

Please keep discussion to solutions, if you have examples relate them to my OR your solution.

2DSage

01-29-2013

I agree 100% with what this man is saying! I too work a full time job and only have a few hours to play at the end of my day. Only to have most of the games (all the games this specific night) RUINED by little kids who dont get what they want. Like why cant we que up in the rolls we want? When WoW did it it was amazing, the group quality skyrocketed. When people get what they want they play better, thats just how it is. Please do something . . . Yolo Que, sorry i mean, Solo Que, is becoming unplayable.

Straynar

01-29-2013

Adult only eh? Pretty childish to say something like that honestly because then people will just lie about age. There's also plenty of "adults" on here that are total chodes too.

Comparing ANYTHING to the **** WoW has done means nothing.

People keep talking about que rolls, ARE YOU SLOW!?!?!!?!?! You realized ANY CHAMP can play ANYWHERE and HOWEVER they want.

The meta is locking people in on certain areas. Some "supports" are better mids and some "mids" better supports in the meta. There are champs that can jungle, and jungle well that you're likely not to see. I could continue with this but won't.

Queing up "roles" is a fail however you look at it. There's a pretty infinite way to play the game, but locking roles isn't the way to do it. You couldn't have all adc team, all tank, etc.

Solo Que only fails too btw because the ELO system isn't for a team game but 1v1. I have a lower ELO than MANY people and have a winning record, compared to those that are 15 wins behind a 50/50 with higher ELO. That's the issue honestly with that.

Skylayer

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straynar View Post

People keep talking about que rolls, ARE YOU SLOW!?!?!!?!?! You realized ANY CHAMP can play ANYWHERE and HOWEVER they want.
So there isnt champ specialization? i can tank caitlyn despite her scaling armor, health, health regen and skills.

And calling people slow when you are arguing that point... well man, beside is rude and you shouldnt do it, is stupid.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I agree with you that something needs to be done about champion select. Lyte has even gone so far as to admit that it is currently the source of most of the toxicity in game, yet they don't consider adding a log to the Tribunal a priority.

That said, I don't consider a "reverse prisoner's island" to be a viable solution. It has the same weaknesses and flaws as banning toxic players to their own cesspool.

MFKrazed

01-29-2013

I like the preferred position idea.

AznBait

01-29-2013

The idea's alright, but the whole "adult thing" bugs me. I have younger brother who solo que is (sadly greater than mine) who doesn't mind going/playing a different lane. You can't blame all the minors xD

Calys Teneb

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DSage View Post
I agree 100% with what this man is saying! I too work a full time job and only have a few hours to play at the end of my day. Only to have most of the games (all the games this specific night) RUINED by little kids who dont get what they want. Like why cant we que up in the rolls we want? When WoW did it it was amazing, the group quality skyrocketed. When people get what they want they play better, thats just how it is. Please do something . . . Yolo Que, sorry i mean, Solo Que, is becoming unplayable.
Because WoW hasn't changed their meta for instances in nine years. And it's even less likely to change now that they have hard coded role queues.

Burntrubber120

01-29-2013

One thing that I hate is trolls in queue. I hate being FP and not allowed to play the role I would like because some child like person on the other end called it first and uses that as to why they get it over me. I'm contemplating on who I want to ban and can't call my role instantly. Please put in the summoners code Pick Order > Calling. Now if I'm last pick then I gladly take what is left over.
----
I hate the instant lock and picking of stupid summoner spells.
Proposed Solution:
Allow for a vote kick in hero picking process. 4 votes and he/she gets booted out of queue and a 5 minute wait.

Ghostshadowblade

01-29-2013

What the hell. Just saying, the whole "Adult only" Game bugs me. So only let people above 18 play? No 14-17 year olds that count as "kids." This is just my opinion.