Morgana AP build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KittyCupcake

01-29-2013

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could give me a good AP build for Morgana, since I never really play Twisted Treeline.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I would rush an RoA, then Wooglet's, then BFT.

Maybe BFT before Wooglet's for the added HP. Your utility will be more beneficial than your damage IMO.

KittyCupcake

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I would rush an RoA, then Wooglet's, then BFT.

Maybe BFT before Wooglet's for the added HP. Your utility will be more beneficial than your damage IMO.
Thank you! And the starting items?

PurpleURP

01-29-2013

start boots, tome, 1 hp pot
rush lucky pick asap, get the haunting guise, then sorc shoes, then finish blackfire
after blackfire build situationally:
if you need damage or armor get wooglets
if you need anti healing get morellos
if you need MR get a abyssal
if you need more HP get a rylais
if you need more MP get a void staff
example full builds look something like:
sorc shoes, blackfire, wooglets, abyssal, morellos, void staff

runes: magic pen marks, hp/lvl seals, ap/lvl gliphs, flat ap quints
masteries: 21/0/9 getting mana regen and the summoners cdr
skill order: ult>snare>pool>shield

ROA just takes too long, you need CDR asap. getting a BFT + morellos is max CDR for min $.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

True RoA does take a while to get full stacks...but with the tanky meta going on, I just feel squishy without it.

xxxRjxx

01-29-2013

when i morg i find people seem to be afraid of getting super close unless they know they can kill you, i usualy have a chalice on almost any mage i get 40% cdr on, as it makes spamming 10000000% easier, specialy with morg from her passive vamp, end build i usualy end up looking something like

Sorc boots (speed enh - if it goes that long or i need speed)
unholy grail
BFT
Wota
Wooglet
Raylai (or some other handy hp/ap combo item)

and personally i use 11 flat ap / 5.3g/5 / 7.8 magic pen as runes

and ofc 22/1/7 masteries (everything ap in attack, enhanced spells (Generaly prefer heal or barrier) and move speed /sum spell cool in utility.

makes for a pretty quick build if you buy the pick early and hold it as long as you can.

The Gift Horse

01-29-2013

RoA provides nice base stats, gives you extra sustain(every minute until it is fully stacked) and builds out of cata, which is a fantastic sustain item for TT. I think it's a viable choice for Morg, Most TT games I play, I can get my (first item aside boots)RoA fully stacked.

Unless you are facing a team that is health-stacking early, there are better options than rushing BFT early, but I would go ahead and build it after the RoA, unless you are finding yourself needing more Mres(Abyssal Scepter) or Armor(Wooglets Witchcap. I've even found myself buying Sunfire Cape or Frozen Heart when having problems being focused, but generally she is good at breaking focus with her kit + flash).

If you are facing an enemy teemo, rushing a Hextech Sweeper or picking it up after RoA can be very useful. With black shield, you can go mushroom hunting with impunity, and the extra ms helps with kiting.

Since Morg farms primarily with a DoT she can be a pretty mobile champ for 3v3, pushing her lane while grouping up with her team in the jungle.