Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot is the new Treeline Map a Success over the old one?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Just wondering if more people play it than old treeline.

I miss the old map, it just needed a few tweaks to jungle and dragon tbh.

I personally hate this new one, it snowballs at least 2-3x harder than before.

ltaly

01-29-2013

Yah, I love the new map. Non stop action.

Eloquid

01-29-2013

Shallow Isle.

Friggid

01-29-2013

i like the new map more but it still needs tweaks

AndersMMO

01-29-2013

Yes, it is.

There are now 3 recurrent tournament series for the gametype, a laundry list of high level streamers, and a dedicated theory website... None of those things existed for the old one; there were sporadic stand-alone tournaments, and a wide spread non-corroborating mass of theory on the forums.

I'd say that those factors alone mean it was a success, the gametype's getting closer and closer to eSport.

No matter how much you like or dislike this map, it's more balanced than the old one and more provocative of a competitive environment.

Lachrimae

01-29-2013

Quote:
Ânders:
Yes, it is.

There are now 3 recurrent tournament series for the gametype, a laundry list of high level streamers, and a dedicated theory website... None of those things existed for the old one; there were sporadic stand-alone tournaments, and a wide spread non-corroborating mass of theory on the forums.

I'd say that those factors alone mean it was a success, the gametype's getting closer and closer to eSport.

No matter how much you like or dislike this map, it's more balanced than the old one and more provocative of a competitive environment.

Well, for one: many people find it to be much less balanced
- less farming time (lanes are very close, have to run around and be with team after some ridiculously short amount of time)
- a slightly more bruiserlike environment (since more teamfights, smaller map, you never catch people alone, building tanky and having cc but still doing damage is the best option)
- snowballing is an issue, like on the old one. The difference is, if the right character snowballs, you're pretty well screwed (see point 2)

I could probably go on for a while.. or other people could.

As for the tournaments, sites, etc:
there were old 3v3 sites, and guides (which are still rare), and tournaments. They were just less common. I'm about 80% sure that most of the "pro seeking" desire for 3v3 spawned with them revamping it at ALL, rather than the revamps that occurred.

Entitled Soul

01-30-2013

I cant get enough of tt!!! Cheers riot

ChampStat

01-30-2013

Quote:
Ânders:
Yes, it is.

Would anyone mind giving me some links to this stuff? It sounds cool, but I wouldn't know where to look.

Turtle Omega

01-30-2013

Quote:
Lachrimae:

- less farming time (lanes are very close, have to run around and be with team after some ridiculously short amount of time)

I farm the same, if not more in the new Twisted Treeline, averaging about 120-200 cs.
Quote:
Lachrimae:
- a slightly more bruiserlike environment (since more teamfights, smaller map, you never catch people alone, building tanky and having cc but still doing damage is the best option)

It's 3v3, it's not 3 guys who are just there to go lone wolf. The new map creates more awareness, and in turn, skill from its players. I don't see this as a negative, I see it as a positive to the new one. The bruiserlike enviroment is a joke, you just need to know how to play vs them and you'll annihalate them all day
Quote:
Lachrimae:
- snowballing is an issue, like on the old one. The difference is, if the right character snowballs, you're pretty well screwed (see point 2)

Yeah right, it's anti-snowball. I've come back from ridiculously lost games, like 5 to 40. The short game time completely eliminates snowballing, rather it does have the presence of anti-snowball, meaning that even if you're dominating, one ace and it could be game.

ChampStat

01-30-2013

Quote:
ChampStat:
Would anyone mind giving me some links to this stuff? It sounds cool, but I wouldn't know where to look.

Bump for links?