Alright, what happened to League of Legends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titanomagnus

01-29-2013

Stop speaking reason, brother!

It never worked for me on WoW forums...

You'll just alienate yourself further from something you like if you continue.

Ballzofire

01-29-2013

So a champion is easy. Now riot is screwing up? Sounds more like QQ from someone who doesnt understand counters to me.... Oh they gt a darius? pick someone with a permaslow. GG darius is **** now. You may as well just say Sivir is op. That makes more sence than the trash spewing from your mouth.... Lmao

Grimm Dreogan

01-31-2013

I don't agree with everything, but you are right in some ways. One thing I can't stand, somewhat related, is how they nerf all the original, amazing championsvinyl the ground and make them unplayable, but leave the cookiecutters untouched, just to stomp around. Alkali is squishy, but can usually kill you before you can do anything about it. Same with Fiora. Granted, counter picking works in Draft pick where you can plan, and counter playing works when you actually have a team that works well together.

For the average player playing soloq, there are a lot of champions that have unfair advantages.

I Call ADC Bot

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urf Warrior View Post
Seriously, what happened?

This game is getting progressively worse... Champions like Katarina are completely stupid, they require literally no mechanics, or skill at all. Don't give me the 'you need to know when to go in' ****. You need that on all champions. What happened to skill-bassed champions? I see so many Darius' now, and it's just stupid. LoL is seriously heading in the wrong direction with the release of all of these easy-mode champions.. While most of them are older, it's still an issue that needs attention. What's the point in trying to get good with certain champions, like Cass, or Anivia when people of lesser skill can simply out-lane you by playing Katarina, or Ryze simply because they are far easier to play?

Why are champions getting nerfed just because when played correctly, they dominate? I recall a few Cass nerfs simply because at the pro level, when played to perfection, she is strong, I don't get that. Why are there so many champions that literally require little to no skill to play, and are able to dominate games? Let's name some, shall we? Champions like Darius, Akali, Katarina, Ryze, Jayce, are just a joke. Akali, not a single skill-shot, and a 3-charge gap closer... I don't get it.

TLDR: This game is slowly becoming worse and worse, easy-to-play champions simply out-class harder to play champions, the risk-reward incentive of playing harder champions simply isn't there anymore.

Before you give me some bullshiit about counterpicking, remember beck when counterpicking hardly affected the game? Now if you go into a lane against someone who hardly counters your champion, skill is completely irrelevant. Explain to me how a champion who 'counters' 80% of all champions in a lane, and only has one counter is somehow balanced. Think before you post something stupid.
If you want a battle of twitch reflexes, play counter strike.

Kyu Ryu

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
Another Darius and Kat QQ thread. Nothing to see here...

Seriously. Have you actually played Kat, or are you just assuming "hurr durr, I get rolled by opposing Katarinas all the time OP no skill champ?"

Darius and Kat's counterplay is relatively simple. Kat is shut down by a bit of hard CC/not getting fed. A more passive/sustainy midlaner will stop Kat, as will judicious MIA's.

ALL CHAMPS HAVE COUNTERPLAY. Ryze is very weak in lane, and needs farm in order to get items. Darius isn't naturally tanky. Akali is glass cannon, with a very weak escape if you're fighting in the right places.

Jayce has no damage once his skills are done in early game or endgame.

Something is wrong with the game when Katrina and another burst champ can dive a turret at level 3, and get two kill on champs at 80% hp while being attacked by those champs. Then using the gold from that kill they are able to dive turret, kill the champs under the turret and get out before being killed for the rest of the game. Katrina and this other champ had no champ kills at all before they started this. Now whether the problem is with these champs they dove were made to squishy or the their early game burst is to high, I am not sure what is the case.

iTurretTank

01-31-2013

Honestly the problem isn't the champions, it's the player (i.e. YOU) that make them seem OP. Rather than learning mechanics and items and champions that counter these champions, you take to the forums and thrash a company that is trying to supply millions of people with worthwhile entertainment and who succeed at it. Take a Cho' gath mid against a Katarina and get teammates that know how to stop playing aggressive when you call mia and watch how weak and shriveled she becomes. It isn't the champions, but the ignorance of the players that make champions OP.

For example: I took Cho mid vs. a Talon and completely shut him down. 30 farm under me and 0/2 around 10 minutes. Then, despite my MIAs, other lanes refused to stop extending and fed him and we ultimately lost the game to him. Player skill getting crushed by his good play may have made that 15+ kill Talon seem OP, but ultimately it was my team's fault he crushed them.

Acanthus

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu View Post
Something is wrong with the game when Katrina and another burst champ can dive a turret at level 3, and get two kill on champs at 80% hp while being attacked by those champs. Then using the gold from that kill they are able to dive turret, kill the champs under the turret and get out before being killed for the rest of the game. Katrina and this other champ had no champ kills at all before they started this. Now whether the problem is with these champs they dove were made to squishy or the their early game burst is to high, I am not sure what is the case.
Dude, with proper coordination, you can level 2 tower dive and live. I have done it on high movement burst champs like Lee Sin and Leblanc. Also, if Kat and another squishy killed you at 80% hp under a tower at level 3, your champion choice sucked or you need to improve your game because I LIVE for moments like that anytime I'm adc (I tend to favor graves, so e into point blank buckshot), mid (I favor champs with cc, and never assassins), or support (if the adc is dead, Taric double kills are hilarious). I run like a little ***** if I see it coming while top unless I'm playing a champion I'm unusually confident with or playing something like Singed (in which case I run like a little ***** in circles ).

theurbanraptor

01-31-2013

If you can't win against darius...its sad. Yes if you let him snowball its gg for your lane, but if you let ANY char snowball it is.

Play smarter, because it sounds like you are just secretly whining about how you get owned by Darius all day.

Mastadon

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
Another Darius and Kat QQ thread. Nothing to see here...

Seriously. Have you actually played Kat, or are you just assuming "hurr durr, I get rolled by opposing Katarinas all the time OP no skill champ?"

Darius and Kat's counterplay is relatively simple. Kat is shut down by a bit of hard CC/not getting fed. A more passive/sustainy midlaner will stop Kat, as will judicious MIA's.

ALL CHAMPS HAVE COUNTERPLAY. Ryze is very weak in lane, and needs farm in order to get items. Darius isn't naturally tanky. Akali is glass cannon, with a very weak escape if you're fighting in the right places.

Jayce has no damage once his skills are done in early game or endgame.

You have a good point but Akali is NOT a glass cannon at all. She isn't the tankiest but she isn't squishy either.

Nyx Warframe

01-31-2013

Higher skill cap champs are still more rewarding in my opinion.