Alright, what happened to League of Legends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Urf Warrior

01-29-2013

Seriously, what happened?

This game is getting progressively worse... Champions like Katarina are completely stupid, they require literally no mechanics, or skill at all. Don't give me the 'you need to know when to go in' ****. You need that on all champions. What happened to skill-bassed champions? I see so many Darius' now, and it's just stupid. LoL is seriously heading in the wrong direction with the release of all of these easy-mode champions.. While most of them are older, it's still an issue that needs attention. What's the point in trying to get good with certain champions, like Cass, or Anivia when people of lesser skill can simply out-lane you by playing Katarina, or Ryze simply because they are far easier to play?

Why are champions getting nerfed just because when played correctly, they dominate? I recall a few Cass nerfs simply because at the pro level, when played to perfection, she is strong, I don't get that. Why are there so many champions that literally require little to no skill to play, and are able to dominate games? Let's name some, shall we? Champions like Darius, Akali, Katarina, Ryze, Jayce, are just a joke. Akali, not a single skill-shot, and a 3-charge gap closer... I don't get it.

TLDR: This game is slowly becoming worse and worse, easy-to-play champions simply out-class harder to play champions, the risk-reward incentive of playing harder champions simply isn't there anymore.

Before you give me some bullshiit about counterpicking, remember beck when counterpicking hardly affected the game? Now if you go into a lane against someone who hardly counters your champion, skill is completely irrelevant. Explain to me how a champion who 'counters' 80% of all champions in a lane, and only has one counter is somehow balanced. Think before you post something stupid.

Vuther

01-29-2013

You focus on Darius' easyness as a symbol of design decay yet forgot Draven was released right after?

You don't notice some champions have seven abilities while all of the older ones have only four?

You didn't realize Orianna and Anivia were some of the most played mid-lanes for the Season 2 Championship?

You're just a whiner whose claims have no basis in reality as any experienced player can see.

Urf Warrior

01-29-2013

Alright. No one is claiming any decay, although you'd have to be blind not to see it. Explain to me why you think Darius is a hard champion to play? Exactly. Yet he still fairs far better than most, why do people not see that as a problem?

7 Abilities doesn't make them hard. Pointing at Jayce right now. He has a point-click gap closer, which is stupid. He has a nockback, also point-click.

How does Orianna and Anivia being played in the S2 championships have any relevance? These are players who are at the top of the top. An experienced player, you make me laugh, I like how you didn't mention anything about Kat or Akali because you know it's true. On top of that, Kat can first-item warmongs and still be viable.

Believeinsteve

01-29-2013

You call it decay

Riot & the actual people who care about Lol call it change, or evolution. Theres dota 2, heroes of newerth, theres even a new blizzard moba coming out.

Find one if you don't like LoL.

Theres plenty of complicated champs still out & they're still releasing them. Syndra/orianna probably require the highest amount of skill. Mastering tiny things make players who they are with that character.

Your just focusing on bad things...stop

Yuan Shikai

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urf Warrior View Post
Alright. No one is claiming any decay, although you'd have to be blind not to see it. Explain to me why you think Darius is a hard champion to play? Exactly. Yet he still fairs far better than most, why do people not see that as a problem?

That is bull****, Darius does not fair better than most.

He cnanot carry two pennies over a street, no matter how fed and does steal the ptential toi be fed from champs that can actually carry. Darius is an unfathomably mediocre char, easy to counter if you know how and countered by two working braincells.

McDouggal

01-29-2013

Another Darius and Kat QQ thread. Nothing to see here...

Seriously. Have you actually played Kat, or are you just assuming "hurr durr, I get rolled by opposing Katarinas all the time OP no skill champ?"

Darius and Kat's counterplay is relatively simple. Kat is shut down by a bit of hard CC/not getting fed. A more passive/sustainy midlaner will stop Kat, as will judicious MIA's.

ALL CHAMPS HAVE COUNTERPLAY. Ryze is very weak in lane, and needs farm in order to get items. Darius isn't naturally tanky. Akali is glass cannon, with a very weak escape if you're fighting in the right places.

Jayce has no damage once his skills are done in early game or endgame.

DingoHedge

01-29-2013

QQ thread is bad, move along.

iTziLLiRL

01-29-2013

Get more experience with the game and a lot of the "OP's" don't seem OP anymore... I can't say a champ in the game is OP =)

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-29-2013

This is not a game of 1337 finger press skills, its a game of strategy.

the gun has an advantage over the sword so you force the gun into a disadvantageous position.
Darius is simplee and easy to play but at the same time he's rigid and easy to read as a direct result. Same with kat to a lesser degree. A sword is a very rigid and simple thing and counters a gun in many situations

Peligrad

01-29-2013

Game gets progressively better. Every patch.

As someone who loves balance, and watches the game closely, I see Riot systematically picking the highest priority problems and fixing them...one by one.

Riot is my hero.