Another frustrated customer

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaltLongmire

Member

01-28-2013

This is really getting discouraging. It has been 3 solid weeks of miserable teammates.

The last few games I have played in ranked have had an ADC Ahri, a team captain that was afk in the bans phase then picked a crappy champion with the first pick, a game with a jungler with no smite who needed leashes on everything, horrible attitudes, a player that went up and down the water to kill the minions from each lane then leave, an adc Cait that I was supporting with Taric that took the time and effort to teleport to the outer turret, then recall and quit within the first 10 seconds, among many others.

People are missing the point here when they scold players for hating their plight in elo hell. Not everyone is pro in this game. Not everyone that plays a sport is pro either. Using Football as an analogy, there isn't the NFL where the game is played right, and anyone else wanting to play in college, high school, or a weekend pickup game has to watch his running back drop the ball 20 times a game, and 2 guys are going to play quarterback, and the receivers leave as soon as everyone lines up to play. There seems to be little to no effort spent making the game enjoyable for regular people.

Obviously, I am not good enough to carry my teams when we are essentially 4 or 3v5. Neither are the vast majority of players that would say that I belong where I am. I am, however, good enough to carry my teams when we are 5v5. Just give me a 5v5 game every now and then. Please?

The simplest answer is to track players by IP Address like most other mmog's. Any IP Address with multiple accounts on the same server gets permabanned immediately.
Another answer is to create a process that a dodged game generates an automatic report to the tribunal with the pre-game chat and bans. The tribunal would then have the option to punish any of the players that contributed to the game being dodged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boagster

Senior Member

01-28-2013

So, what you are suggesting is that everyone with a sibling / spouse / parent that also plays League in the same house be banned?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post
Any IP Address with multiple accounts on the same server gets permabanned immediately.
There are other people besides me in my household that play this game. I have friends who have people in their households that play the game. Sorry if you don't like a nice friendly atmosphere that people like me provide.

Must be everybody else's fault those, not yours. I don't like AFKs either but what does multiple accounts at the same IP address have to do with AFKs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

workthecorners

Senior Member

01-29-2013

The ONLY way to remove trolls would be charge a monthly fee for accouts that way they couldnt create a smerf account with a click of the mouse. (well some could with mamas credit card). But most people would care if they got banned because they or their parents are paying for it. AND Riot COULD do that and still prosper. I promise you Riot could charge a monthly fee and not go out of buisness. They would shrink into a more condensed more serious clientele. That would not troll (as much), Not afk, and not flame. BUT they dont and that is what makes LOL an amazing game is EVERYONE plays. From second grade to sienor citizen. (I have a uncle in his 50s who i got hooked).

So unless you want that to happen.......deal with it.....the teams are random.....for the amount of times you get afks.......you also end up on the team that has 5..... and if you have trolls....the other team has trolls......

im not going to adress the ip thing cus the last 2 posts said it perfectly....i play lol my gf plays lol and my cousin comes over and plays lol he brings his laptop over and we all play lol togather......yeah cant ban multipal accounts on one ip....

(p.s. ive won 2 4v5 games in the last week) and more then that in the past....ive also lost 5v4

thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DingoHedge

Senior Member

01-29-2013

First off, i've won a game as ADC Ahri, was tons of fun(that's what it's all about).
Second, permabanning for multiple accounts on one IP address is a horrible idea and you should feel bad for having brought it out for public consideration.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

workthecorners

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoHedge View Post
First off, i've won a game as ADC Ahri, was tons of fun(that's what it's all about).
Second, permabanning for multiple accounts on one IP address is a horrible idea and you should feel bad for having brought it out for public consideration.
oh i was gunna mention that too ahri adc actuallly in normal games isnt bad imagine an adc that can "charm" someone for a second and has a built in sustain. Not to mention her ulting around your team.

not saying go play ranked now with her but still you could be suprised who can adc if you think of them as utility adcs not ability based adcs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

01-29-2013

IP banning doesn't work - accounts are far more effective. Any non-static IP can get by that no problem with a little technical knowledge.

What you probably really are asking for is faster punishment against these folks - that would make more sense to me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaltLongmire

Member

01-29-2013

True, many people have siblings and other family that use the same IP Address. Let's just for the sake of argument say that there are 2 neighboring houses that both play LOL. There are maybe 4 accounts generated in household A and 4 accounts in household B. Household A has two accounts in the 1500 ELO range, one in the 1000 range, and a fourth that doesn't play ranked at all. Household B has 1 account in the 1500 ELO range and 3 that are sub-900 ELO and get regularly reported and punished for trolling and afk, etc.

You are in complete denial if you can't see what is happening in each house. However, I will spell it out for those of you that don't want to think. People have multiple accounts in this game. Some use their real account to actually play, and don't care what happens to them in their extra accounts. Those people tend to behave poorly and should be removed immediately from the game. The only way to really affect them, however, is to take away their good account as well.

As far as making it a pay-only game, good luck with that, lol. Riot would lose at a minimum 33% of their players immediately because of the money. The rest would follow as soon as it took half an hour to get enough paying players for one game.

Never mind that fact that the tribunal system would collapse entirely if everyone paid to play. Trust me, Riot will never ban a paying customer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jericho Hombre

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post
True, many people have siblings and other family that use the same IP Address. Let's just for the sake of argument say that there are 2 neighboring houses that both play LOL. There are maybe 4 accounts generated in household A and 4 accounts in household B. Household A has two accounts in the 1500 ELO range, one in the 1000 range, and a fourth that doesn't play ranked at all. Household B has 1 account in the 1500 ELO range and 3 that are sub-900 ELO and get regularly reported and punished for trolling and afk, etc.

You are in complete denial if you can't see what is happening in each house. However, I will spell it out for those of you that don't want to think. People have multiple accounts in this game. Some use their real account to actually play, and don't care what happens to them in their extra accounts. Those people tend to behave poorly and should be removed immediately from the game. The only way to really affect them, however, is to take away their good account as well.

As far as making it a pay-only game, good luck with that, lol. Riot would lose at a minimum 33% of their players immediately because of the money. The rest would follow as soon as it took half an hour to get enough paying players for one game.

Never mind that fact that the tribunal system would collapse entirely if everyone paid to play. Trust me, Riot will never ban a paying customer.
So you'd still be banning people who do live together or share a computer, just to get rid of smurf trolls. That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Also, people LAN sometimes too...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post

Never mind that fact that the tribunal system would collapse entirely if everyone paid to play. Trust me, Riot will never ban a paying customer.
That's pretty ignorant right there. They banned a pro - you think that someone who spends some money makes them exempt from the code?

Sure people can have multiple accounts. But to enter ranked requires a level 30. Going from 1-30 is time consuming. If someone is willing to bother leveling accounts to 30 just to put them at risk for banning then its their time wasted and less time for them to actually be in ranked.

And again - IP banning fails to do anything since most customers aren't even on static ips. I can change my ip in less than 5 minutes.

People don't always play from the same IP either, so banning based on IP doesn't resolve a single thing.


12