Elise Low Elo questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Believeinsteve

01-28-2013

So I'm sitting at 919 low elo, I'm doing my best, I don't think I belong here no, but I don't think I belong higher than 1400 maybe even 1300, but I'm still learning new stuff everyday, been playing LoL for a little over a year, so I'm no pro I'll admit that, but I'm tired of being in this elo. I told myself I wasn't going to play ranked until the new league system so I'm still trying to say no basically.

SO MY MAIN QUESTION

Why is "tanky" elise so good? I hear people building Sorc shoes & liandrys on her then after that full tanky? Why? I build Bruiser AP (abyssal scepter, rylais, liandrys, sorc shoes, warmogs, Zonyas)

In the past week & half I've won 10 out of 12 games with elise with this build.

I'm just curious what makes tanky elise better than bruiser ap elise? With this build I have approximately 200 AP & 140 in each resist normally. This includes resistances. My MP is usually 44% | 8

Also, what runes are favored on her? I'm currently running magic pen reds/quints, armor yellows & MR blues.

I usually play her top lane, sometimes I get stuck in mid, I also had to play her jungle one game, but I prefer top.

Sir Thronk

01-28-2013

If you're having trouble winning with your bruiser build, try the tanky build a couple times and see if you live better/sustain longer/help in teamfights more, and share with us your findings.

Believeinsteve

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by synnamonster View Post
If you're having trouble winning with your bruiser build, try the tanky build a couple times and see if you live better/sustain longer/help in teamfights more, and share with us your findings.

Thats not what I asked though, I don't think you read my post properly. I asked why is the tanky build more popular than ap bruiser. I can obviously see why its better than the glass cannon ap, but ap bruiser I can't.

I also said I've won 10 out of the 12 games I've played as her. Meaning this build is obviously working, especially since most of my kda's are well well above 4:0. The worst kda ratio I've had with her was 19/9/8. I've gone 9/0/1 on one game.

GurkenMAN

01-29-2013

Who says fulltanky besides liandri/sorc is more popular? I think the builds dont differ that much or mainly differ after the 4th items or such.

Otherwise nice story, but i cant really see th important part of your question...

If it is: "how can i get out of 900 elo".
Well play team. Buy sightstone or wards if needed.
I play elise top alot and also play her support sometimes (only normals). You should capitalize on your lane presence early (mainly before 6 till others get their ult). the build isnt that important or lets say its never standard. Just watch who gets fed on the enemy team and build accordingly. You want to take their big damagers out of the teamfight- i guess at 900 elo thats quite possible^^