Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Petition] Remove the Point Loss for Ranked Dodges

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Star of Destiny

01-28-2013

As a frequent player on the PBE (I don't use the same username on there though), I find that the whole "losing points" system when you queue dodge in solo/duet ranked to be rather annoying. I feel like when there are trolls (and perhaps that team combination you don't feel like dealing with at the moment), there is a time and place for respectable queue dodging.

I don't mind having a 30 min+ punishment for queue dodging, I respect that, but I do feel like we should keep the same sort of system that we have at live at the moment.

Anyways! Whats the thoughts on the rest of the PBE testers? Do you guys feel like the loss system should be removed before it turns live?

namora

01-29-2013

I just don't dodge. I smooth talk the trolls and other players into working for the benefit of the win.
Afks and D/c's happen, can't prevent those, but also 30 minutes of waiting? I've no patience for that. My only issue is that, trolls, Afks, and D/cs will still be at the bottom of the tier, making for more difficulty with players climbing from there to the top. I expect they won't make it up the tiers too often, but those who do will just make it worse for other players.

Vertany

01-29-2013

Quote:
namora:
My only issue is that, trolls, Afks, and D/cs will still be at the bottom of the tier, making for more difficulty with players climbing from there to the top. I expect they won't make it up the tiers too often, but those who do will just make it worse for other players.

You don't get matched with people around your LPs in your division. There is still a hidden elo and the matchmaking can put you with all type of people, so that won't be an issue.

BKarner

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Either way, losing points for having to dodge seems like a very bad thing for live.

In all honesty the 30 minutes is enough as yes, you get trolls, idiots and there are many reasons someone may need to leave the queue before the game starts.

By all means, make them lose the points if they quit during the game but not before.

Stealth Cupcake

01-29-2013

Keep the 30 mins or make it more but remove the point loss.

IlIIIIIIlIlIIll

01-29-2013

Completely agree.

ElDynamite

01-29-2013

SIGNED IN CAPS because I'm really against this idea of point loss for dodges.

Lootzifer

01-29-2013

/signed