Thoughts on AD assassins bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangarde

01-28-2013

Been having some fun with Zed in Co-op ai. Saw him live a few times today in the bot lane position. Maybe due to cleaver, but he was holding up decently against my Maokai. Everytime i try to attrition, he would trade back evenly and would end up taking from 3/4 to dead or backing with ult. Seemed fun.

Ever since the aura penetration changes I been leaning more and more towards learning how to play heavy DPS characters bot.

Any thoughts on Zed? I also know Khazix works well bot but I don't really have a build for him yet down in botlane. Any suggestions would great.

Sauron

01-28-2013

He works great until the enemy picks up a Wooglet's or QSS to nullify his ult. Then it's just a nuke fight and whoever dies first, loses.

Vangarde

01-28-2013

i did end up picking up a wooglets but at that point trades were coming into his favor. Maybe it should be a 2nd or 3rd item.....

whats a good build for khazix bot? Last I tried (and failed and had to switch top) I tried maxing W for wave clear with Q second. Evolves were W,Q.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

when they have wooglets/qss you should have sotd and it wont matter. zed is a strong bot.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

I've tried Zed bot and am not thrilled. As an assassin with no real CC he has trouble sticking to targets that have some sort of reliable escape. I will say that his damage output is probably the highest out of all assassins, but you trade a lot for it in his kit. I would prefer to just play Talon.

FOODFOOD

01-29-2013

I've tried him bot a few times. I always hated that I had to choose whether to use my energy to keep creeps from pushing or harassing the enemy. I seemed to run OOE more than any other energy champ. That plus his living shadow having a pretty long CD made it tough to do anything, particularly return energy. When it comes to energy champs, Lee Sin is much easier to maintain because of how easy it is to keep energy.

I'd pick Pantheon, Zix or Talon over him any day on bot. I like him on top though, it's pretty fun.

wolferer

01-29-2013

I've played quite a few Zed bottom lanes. He is very good at clearing creeps with his E and can really punish your opponent for making mistakes. He is bad against tanky sustain champions or high poke champions, but is good against general bruisers (can outplay them easily), low mobility casters, and ad carries.

One trick you can do is abuse the long cooldown of QSS and Witchcap. Both have a 90 second cooldown. Zed's ult is 120/100/80. With 25% CDR and level 11, your ult will be on a 75 second cooldown. Just use your ultimate on your opponent and run/W away when they remove it. Use it again right when it is off cooldown.

Also, max W second. The AD gains will make up for the lost damage from not maxing Q and you'll have better energy management.

Vangarde

01-29-2013

yeah, i been maxing W second as well. the cooldown and energy return helped a lot. And I felt Zed is a little weak early on anyways (in comparison to other ADs) until level 10 or so when he has decent ranks in a lot of his abilities. The early W at least allows me to clear waves and stall for that time.

A12MO12

01-29-2013

watch a jellyneck named dienovv play assassins bot lane, he uses them pretty well.

If you having zed/talon problems, build 2 thornmails it's OP.