Comment on this gangplank build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andrewlei323

01-28-2013

I just got gangplank and i love playing him. All his abilities are so useful and awesome. My current build is:
Boots (depending on enemy team i choose Merc or Tabi)
Infinity Edge
Warmogs
Atmas
2x Phantom Dancers
I usually start with cloth armour and 5 pots. On my first back i buy my avarice blade, lvl 1 boots, pots and wards. Now i get 10 extra gold for each minion which is awesome for farming. After that i rush my infinity edge, getting the bf sword first. After ie i rush warmogs---> upgrade avarice blade to atmas. Then i get my phantom dancers for that crit chance.
In the end I have 100% crit, pretty high damage, high health thnx to warmogs, really high attack & movement speed. In teamfights i just run up to the adc and shoot/slice him to death. If they try to stun me, i just use oranges and continue killing him.
My question is: what do u think of this build and how do you think i can improve it. I think the build needs some lifesteal and armour pen but i don't have enough space for it.

Tyrese77

01-28-2013

Pretty good build i would say Get rid of a phantom dancer and grab a Stattik Shiv the magic damage will prove helpful. Also i would lose the boots(My Prefrence) and grab a youmuu's this gives u movement speed (when needed) and armor pen plus some extra AD. As for the other parts of your build Thumbs up. Oh and if not the youmuus grab a Hydra. if u get a hydra i suggest keeping the boots since u wont have the activatable movement speed. Hope this is helpful

Andrewlei323

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrese77 View Post
Pretty good build i would say Get rid of a phantom dancer and grab a Stattik Shiv the magic damage will prove helpful. Also i would lose the boots(My Prefrence) and grab a youmuu's this gives u movement speed (when needed) and armor pen plus some extra AD. As for the other parts of your build Thumbs up. Oh and if not the youmuus grab a Hydra. if u get a hydra i suggest keeping the boots since u wont have the activatable movement speed. Hope this is helpful
Yes. I am gonna try some of your suggestions. I am a bit skeptical on statikk shiv. Is it really worth it? It gives a bit less than PD but the problem is the passive. Does it do alot? Gonna test that out next time. Ravenous Hydra is gimmicky cause the range is so damn small. I tried it on Nasus and never hit anyone else. The lifesteal is quite nice but a bloodthirsters is kinda of better for that. My boots are useful for the tenacity it gives you.

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

100% crit without armor pen will net more damage overall than a lower crit chance with armor pen. However, if you're over 50% crit chance, you might as well split the difference - especially since it takes very specific items to hit 100% crit.

However, not having lifesteal makes you extremely vulnerable, and if the team starts rockin thorns, you'll end up killing yourself. You won't be mitigating much of the magic damage, and the 30% magic damage return is based on your full damage before mitigation. In other words, if you hit someone for 1000, you'll take 300 damage, but they may take 500 or less from the hit depending on their mitigation.

Before they changed the sword with grieving wounds, it was possible to have 10% lifesteal and still hit that 100% crit chance.

These days, you're better off fitting a BT - the last whisper is situational since the meta appears to be moving to health stacking with resists lacking their defensive utility this season.

Andrewlei323

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
100% crit without armor pen will net more damage overall than a lower crit chance with armor pen. However, if you're over 50% crit chance, you might as well split the difference - especially since it takes very specific items to hit 100% crit.

However, not having lifesteal makes you extremely vulnerable, and if the team starts rockin thorns, you'll end up killing yourself. You won't be mitigating much of the magic damage, and the 30% magic damage return is based on your full damage before mitigation. In other words, if you hit someone for 1000, you'll take 300 damage, but they may take 500 or less from the hit depending on their mitigation.

Before they changed the sword with grieving wounds, it was possible to have 10% lifesteal and still hit that 100% crit chance.

These days, you're better off fitting a BT - the last whisper is situational since the meta appears to be moving to health stacking with resists lacking their defensive utility this season.
Personally i <3 Bloodthirsters. It is such a good item for ad champs. The problem is which item should i replace with bloodthirsters? I would replace the atmas because it gives medium-low critchance, average ad, and little armour. Although i would only have 87% (i have a random crit quint =)) crit chance which is good enough i think. I'll try that next time I play gangplank.