Oh riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TommyPots

01-31-2013

It's amusing that people who pay for your service every month (at least $20 bucks a month) and attempt to move this game in a better direction by promoting your game gets suspended by your council who clearly bans based off of laughable circumstances.

You can sit there all you want and say **** like "Oh well you're being negative and not helping people learn". No, I'm not. When I get 2500 games played under my belt, I expect to be put with people who have played at least 2000 games and therefore understand basics of a game. If people cannot understand simple things like "Hey Janna, please don't ult the team away from us when we engage" then they do deserve to be mocked, laughed at and ridiculed. If you are trying to learn the basics of a champion than please feel free to play bot games, that's why you guys created those types of games.

Now I'm sure you get this all the time and I'm sure you are tired of seeing it but you have officially lost somebody who pays a good sum of money towards you game. At least games like World of Warcraft, Rift and Dota2 have their own teams do their checking and bannings, you just rely on people who are truly upset about someone calling them stupid. It's almost like the people who whine that bullies ruin society; bullies don't ruin society, trying to tell some kid to use his words against someone twice his size and not doing something to help yourself is what ruins society.

I'll take my ban and now I'll continue being like half these people who just leech away on this game and not actually purchase anything from you again. If you don't even have the balls to have your own team assign bans out then I truly don't know what to say. At the end of the day it's becoming a popular E-Sport so I know that my write up here means nothing to you but just remember; World of Warcraft had the same attitude and look at how its numbers are dwindling now. HoN did the same thing.

Enjoy the last 10 dollars you got from me 3 days ago. It will be the last.

Calys Teneb

01-31-2013

Dude, WoW's numbers are dwindling because it's a ten-year-old MMO and looks and plays every bit its age. Not to mention that MMOs aren't as popular in general as they were then. Look at how many have come out since WoW, even in the last couple of years, and had to go immediately or almost immediately F2P just to compete, or had to shut down.

Saint Latona

01-31-2013

You got banned for being a jerk and a negative influence. Nothing else.

RQ Kiwi

01-31-2013

Oh no, my money doesn't give me a free pass to be a jerk on the internet with no consequences

MasterTerranort

01-31-2013

Lol HoN that just had to basically remake everything because S2 sucks as a company and Dota 2 is killing it as an example.

gnfnrf

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyPots View Post
It's amusing that people who pay for your service every month (at least $20 bucks a month) and attempt to move this game in a better direction by promoting your game gets suspended by your council who clearly bans based off of laughable circumstances.

You can sit there all you want and say **** like "Oh well you're being negative and not helping people learn". No, I'm not. When I get 2500 games played under my belt, I expect to be put with people who have played at least 2000 games and therefore understand basics of a game.
Matchmaking is based primarily on Elo. Which means that, despite playing 2500 games, you are no better than the people you think can't play. What does that say about you?

Quote:
If people cannot understand simple things like "Hey Janna, please don't ult the team away from us when we engage" then they do deserve to be mocked, laughed at and ridiculed.
No, they don't. You can disagree, but Riot has made it clear what they want the League of Legends community to be like, and it does not include mockery of this nature.

Quote:
If you are trying to learn the basics of a champion than please feel free to play bot games, that's why you guys created those types of games.
Someday, you gotta play your first game with humans.

Quote:
Now I'm sure you get this all the time and I'm sure you are tired of seeing it but you have officially lost somebody who pays a good sum of money towards you game. At least games like World of Warcraft, Rift and Dota2 have their own teams do their checking and bannings, you just rely on people who are truly upset about someone calling them stupid. It's almost like the people who whine that bullies ruin society; bullies don't ruin society, trying to tell some kid to use his words against someone twice his size and not doing something to help yourself is what ruins society.
If Riot checked every report themselves, they'd STILL ban you. Would it make you feel better to be banned by a $9/hr CSR who has never played LoL than by a group of 20+ dedicated players?

Quote:
I'll take my ban and now I'll continue being like half these people who just leech away on this game and not actually purchase anything from you again. If you don't even have the balls to have your own team assign bans out then I truly don't know what to say. At the end of the day it's becoming a popular E-Sport so I know that my write up here means nothing to you but just remember; World of Warcraft had the same attitude and look at how its numbers are dwindling now. HoN did the same thing.
If you can't play the game by Riot's rules, don't play it at all. They don't want you or your money. They think (and the sacks of cash money they swim in seem to indicate that they're right) that an antagonistic player forces more other people to stop playing and spending money than they pay themselves.

TommyPots

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Latona View Post
You got banned for being a jerk and a negative influence. Nothing else.
You didn't even read the post, at all. The ban is whatever, at this point in time i've made my decision. However when you put people into games with people who have no clue what they're doing and lose you games (I.E. AP Ashe for instance who duo Q's and won't surrender so yu have a 40 minute game) it is infuriating. To say "Well just sit there and do nothing" is laughable at best because these people WONT get banned if they're not mean in chat or don't actually say anything malicious; they also don't have to if their on a chat client like Ventrillo, Team Speak or anything.

At the end of the day I also have no way to see what it is that banned me. I'd like a chance to defend myself but of course we don't get that chance, we simply have to rely on random people who want their bonus RP.

MexGenius

01-31-2013

It's kinda funny how a company that created the most played PC game in the world can't afford a staff to properly check these things out.
It is also funny how there's no disclaimer about bans or other severe punishments for being toxic when you download or purchase from their store, they apparently think everyone one reads the EULA lol.
You have my sympathy OP and i agree with you.

gnfnrf

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyPots View Post
At the end of the day I also have no way to see what it is that banned me. I'd like a chance to defend myself but of course we don't get that chance, we simply have to rely on random people who want their bonus RP.
All Tribunal bans come with an emailed reform card. The Tribunal has never given bonus RP. The Tribunal hasn't given bonus IP for nearly six months. You may wish to take a step back and learn a little about the Tribunal before hating on it so much, since it seems that you don't really know what it is or how it works.

TommyPots

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
Matchmaking is based primarily on Elo. Which means that, despite playing 2500 games, you are no better than the people you think can't play. What does that say about you?

No, they don't. You can disagree, but Riot has made it clear what they want the League of Legends community to be like, and it does not include mockery of this nature.

Someday, you gotta play your first game with humans.

If Riot checked every report themselves, they'd STILL ban you. Would it make you feel better to be banned by a $9/hr CSR who has never played LoL than by a group of 20+ dedicated players?

If you can't play the game by Riot's rules, don't play it at all. They don't want you or your money. They think (and the sacks of cash money they swim in seem to indicate that they're right) that an antagonistic player forces more other people to stop playing and spending money than they pay themselves.
And you hit the root of the problem. I remember when Riot did actually check reports and I remember when information was passed on. I remember when we played the game and people made fun of each other with no repercussion. At the end of the day Riot got muchhh bigger and can't handle it now; no you don't pay someone 9$ an hour, you pay someone an actual wage to do your job. I don't need a group of dedicated players to do that for me because I've done tribunal with friends and we'll find funny cases and make the guy innocent. At the end of the day people do it all the time, you just get the people who have a ****** for making it a "better community". Right. So the trolling AP Ashe who duo Q's and ruins the 40 minutes I have before work is okay for the community but the guy calling him an ******* isn't. Gotcha.