Why support a game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1400orBUST

01-28-2013

In the new world of micro transactions where games are supported moment to moment why spend your cash on a game? Most are free to play pay for some content. If you have skill no need to break out the wallet in most unless you want to look good doing it. SO WHY PAY?

Especially when it's clear that there is no real regulation of ranked play. Win as a team loose as a team no matter what! 3v5 you coulda pulled that off quit whining! literally the rating loss is the same in a 5v5 as it is in 3v5 where two players never bother logging back in from the "dodge" they pulled off too late. Someone on the other team being a DBag about it? report him you and ....oh wait I'm the only one left in the after game.... Clearly no one cares least of all the people in power. So I ask again "WHY PAY?"

RIOT staff I know you claim to have a new method of ranked score keeping on the horizon, but if you want our money did you earn it? Does it take into account the fact that you can have a stand out game vs weaker players and still have 3 millstones around your neck and loose?

Vrykonik

01-29-2013

You pay a game in micro trades to support the people who have put labor hours into making something you love/enjoy. The fact you use people's stuff and don't want to compensate them for their services... well that is a huge entitlement issue really. Really says a lot about the quality of your character.

SeCKS Egai

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
You pay a game in micro trades to support the people who have put labor hours into making something you love/enjoy. The fact you use people's stuff and don't want to compensate them for their services... well that is a huge entitlement issue really. Really says a lot about the quality of your character.

The OP is just mad he can't hit 1400 elo and is focusing the blame on Riot and matchmaking instead of what he could do to win with the lousy teams.

If your elo is low enough that your teammates are lousy - that applies to the other side too.

Quit the game if you'd rather keep blaming the matchmaking system. Until you realize there are actions you could be taking to win more consistently, you'll never improve and stay right where you are.

Ballzofire

01-29-2013

There is only one predetermined stat that you should focus on every single game. That is deaths. Get it to 0. Proceed to faceroll... The day you can make it out of ranked games with 2 or less every game you will increase in elo. Its really not hard to remember to not die..

Vrykonik

01-29-2013

Actually I find I'm still gaining elo sometimes with negative K/D. The point is you have to be there for the important moment of team fights. You have to know who to crowd control and when it is better to die saving a more important team member. I often play nunu and will have games like 3/5/23. So what if I died 2 more times? I got adc fed and ulted in the middle of enemy team causing instant win for my allies who are alive as I wait for respawn.

Gaining elo is about knowing what to do and how to compensate for your allies different play styles. Yes you often get bad allies, but remember they average in match making so your enemies are equally bad. It is just a matter of if you can adapt and exploit their bad play or not.

There is one thing that will always kill your ELO though... and that is voting to surrender. Gaining ELO is all about winning that 1-2 games you were supposed to lose. If your skill level rises, so will your ELO. Mine is currently rising but I haven't played enough games to figure out where I belong. I am guessing probably 1200-1400 range. After that I may need a coach to help me get better :P But any rating right now I'm losing, I find it exceptionally easy to get back. So it isn't just about deaths, or kills. You have to know your objectives!

MicKretz

01-29-2013

Every person in life spends money on what they need + what makes them happy....if LoL makes ppl happy i assume they are gonna pay money for it....if LoL doesn't make you happy then don't spend money for it...simple as that...but NOT EVERYONE HAS TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS fyi