The Darius situation.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sparkyyyyy

01-29-2013

Yet i just destroyed a darius as olaf, he is soooooooo much better

IS190a343afaab43d4bb6f0

01-29-2013

Every post other than the OP:
whooooooooosh

Treza

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFakeSit View Post
Darius is the easiest champion to kite
udyr

Ferreira Pedro

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I watch ytp View Post
srry 4 bad englsh thx
Let's compare Darius to a balanced champion, for instance Olaf.
Everything about Darius is just a better version of Olaf. Let's compare their abilities.
Passive: Olaf's gives him attack speed, but that's not really important since he's a tank, Darius gives magic damage on his autos, which is totally broken, since darius does physical damage so you can't build just armor to counter him.
Q- Darius' does more damage. Moving on.
W- Darius does 200% damage and a slow which is ridiculous, olaf just gets a few bonus stats, not really important.
E- Darius gets a pull, just like blitzcrank that hits a whole team, I mean, really, who thought that one out, I guess his is a little bit longer ranged, but that's not really important. Olaf gets true damage, but we'll get to that in the next bit.
R- This is the biggest problem. Darius ult does almost twice as much damage as olaf's E at level 9 once he hits level 16 once he gets 5 stacks on an opponent did you know that darius with 6 fully stacked bloodthirsters does over 1500 damage which with the rest of his abilities can 1 shot almost anyone, plus , and since it refreshes it's basically got Olaf's Q refresh but with true damage. Olaf just gets armor pen, CC immunity and free resists, which isn't even that good, cc isn't that important, plus darius gets really tanky so he won't die in the time he's CCed anyway.
They say Darius gets kited, but so does Olaf if you don't consider his ranged slow and immunity to CC. I think this should clearly show that Darius is massively overpowered.
thanks 4 my time

You are biased. You barely said anything about Olafīs skills.

Q- A ranged slow that refreshes if you catch the axe, you can throw it at melee distance or more.
W- ''a few bonus stats, nothing important''? He gets a lot of AD scaling from health, life steal and spell vamp! If thatīs nothing, I dont know what game you are playing.
E- A spammable true damage skill, which wins Olaf a lot of duels.
R- Defensive stats PLUS being immune to ANY cc. You can eat ALL of the stuns, fears, slows, roots of the enemy team. Once again, if you think thatīs not good, I suggest you think again.

You probably tried to duel Darius with a glasscanon champion.

The Jade Fist

01-29-2013

I think the part that makes feel so overwhealming at times, is the fact he gets free speed buff on blood stacks, so if he managed to hit you once, you pretty much can't get away unless you're a high mobility set up. And the grab, I don't think its super long range, but at least increase the animation of the axe to cover the whole grab, nothing more annoying then not only Darius being so fast, when the axe is clearly behind me I still get grabbed.

I mean damage wise, there are other champions that put out the hurt just as good and better then Darius.

Quick Silver Sash can remove his blood stacks, which if he tries to ult you at 900 hp instead of 300 where it doesn't matter he could have Q'd you anyways but felt like R made him more of a man, can save you and waste his ult.

I guess i'd stop hating darius so much if they fixed his E's animation to cover the grab, so it doesn't feel like i'm being pulled back when it clearly missed. And of course does he really deserve speed buff and a bleed? (I have no problem with him having a bleed) At least require him to build phage before he's allowed to run you down?. Past that i'm not sure what could be nerfed on him with out making him under powered.

I think people are looking at the wrong aspects of Darius when they complain about him. His grab is nearly auto attack range for many champions. And free speed/ slow combined with his armor pen.

But to be fair there are other champions which are far harder to keep off of you, like Katrina, but unlike some one like Kat, Darius can't just jump away if he needs to. Darius doesn't have escapes, (though usually he's not the one that needs escaping) but if he does, he can't minus flash. He has to commit himself to the fight alot more so then many champions.

While it never feels good when a darius does well, because you know they are playing darius because they think he's OP, and he becomes very overwhelming if some one feeds him, truth is many solo laners can have the same said about them. If they get fed they can have a huge impact on the game, if they don't they won't be such a big issue. An unfed darius is a squishy darius, sure he can pull you to him, but it'll probably get himself killed for doing it.

I'm not sure what points I overly wanted to make on this, because I'm not sure how i feel about the champion as a whole. I don't think he's over powered entirely, but there are some minor tweaks at least visually (dying because you got hit by an attack that clearly missed is just sloppy design) that wouldn't make him feel so BS at times. I feel if they really did nerf him, it would be hard to not over nerf him.

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
did you know that darius with 6 fully stacked bloodthirsters does over 1500 damage which with the rest of his abilities can 1 shot almost anyone, plus , and since it refreshes it's basically got Olaf's Q refresh but with true damage.
So what you're telling me, someone with a completely unreasonable build can 4 shot a lot of things? By the way, if you build 6 BTs, I 100% guarantee you, any mage will just 3 shot you. =P

Quote:
cc isn't that important
Oh... you're trolling.

BigWenus

01-29-2013

Another noob complaining about Darius... YAY

REX PIMPWAGEN

01-29-2013

im sorry but the freddie mercury buff is op as balls Darius wishes he could do what Olaf can do

Helter Kremlin

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDari View Post
I agree. I have always wondered by Darius doesn't have any chest hair? He's really not very manly at all.
Exactly. Darius probably has no body hair at all. What a wimp. Oh, and his ax? Big deal. He's got a tooth pick carver. Olaf has two mythic axes that he can throw... and yet still hold in his hand to hit you with.

Your move, Darius.

Jericho Hombre

01-30-2013

Darius is just trying to overcompensate, because Draven is the poster child of the family.