The Darius situation.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Intsikandy

01-29-2013

If you have a problem with him, play a few games with him and see how easy it is to kite him, or see how mediocre he gets late game. He has counters, and teamplay will beat him.

Olaf is almost impossible to kite and immune to cc for 6 seconds, and has ridiculous damage and is one of the best champions for 2v1 lane situations, even pro players have a lot of problems with Olaf, if he's getting dove 3 v 1 early, he's likely to take at least one with him, and his general build versatility, transition into late-game, and independence on damage items is insane.

While with Darius, he only does a lot of damage up to mid-late game, where it'll fall off hard unless he builds for it, meaning he would be very squishy in that case, the cooldown on his pull is very long, and his ult has to be dead accurate by late-game for the reset. While he somewhat has the build versatility of Olaf to go dps, tank or bruiser and can transition either way, he's sadly not as useful in his inability to keep up with teamfight and dueling demands in many cases later on.

Darius is fine the way he is right now, and he's had his share of nerfs and fixes already, He's just one of those noob/pubstomp champions with good utility and snowball potential, an he'd be even better if it weren't for the league of warmogs right now.

Zeraphicus

01-29-2013

I'll agree Darius isn't overpowered and is pretty easy to counter, once he lands his grab which isn't hard, means death for most unless you stack health. Not much is more satisfying then shutting down a darius. And to the guy who says 80 seconds is a long ultimate cooldown?? Have you met garen... Darius doesn't need the refresh, even if he whifs it, by the time he respawns runs back and picks a fight 80 seconds will be up.

Timammoth

01-29-2013

olaf should beat daruis in lane anyway. Olaf has ranged q with undertow also this slows. And true damage from the e and sustain with life steal from the w. Just don't fight him as soon as u hit 6. And by the time olaf stacks some health. (gets warmogs) u should be able to duel daruis. So olaf beats daruis between lvls 1-5. Daruis beats olaf say 6-9 then olaf beats daruis 10-18. Also daruis gets wrecked by ranged champs. Try kayle vs daruis. Then you will agree that daruis blows and never think hes op again,

Keleroin

01-29-2013

Let's compare Darius to a balanced champion, for instance Olaf.
saw that. stopped reading

JoDari

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Kremlin View Post
If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty about Olaf Vs Darius, you have to look at the most important fact.

Olaf has a sweet beard. Darius has nothing on that.
I agree. I have always wondered by Darius doesn't have any chest hair? He's really not very manly at all.

Don Ring

01-29-2013

Darius isn't THAT op. Especially to where he makes Olaf look bad. Olaf is way more played in ranked than Darius and for good reasons. You dodge Darius' pull with a champion that has a decent ranged poke, you can harass him to death pretty easily. The only thing I hate about Darius is that ultimate.
Why Riot thought it was a good idea to make a refreshing true damage ult is beyond me. It wasn't a good idea. It doesn't matter if he's on my side or the enemies, he always makes me groan regardless purely because of his grab all kills ultimate. Anti fun if you ask me.

Lexinus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I watch ytp View Post
srry 4 bad englsh thx
Let's compare Darius to a balanced champion, for instance Olaf.
Everything about Darius is just a better version of Olaf. Let's compare their abilities.
Passive: Olaf's gives him attack speed, but that's not really important since he's a tank, Darius gives magic damage on his autos, which is totally broken, since darius does physical damage so you can't build just armor to counter him.
Q- Darius' does more damage. Moving on.
W- Darius does 200% damage and a slow which is ridiculous, olaf just gets a few bonus stats, not really important.
E- Darius gets a pull, just like blitzcrank that hits a whole team, I mean, really, who thought that one out, I guess his is a little bit longer ranged, but that's not really important. Olaf gets true damage, but we'll get to that in the next bit.
R- This is the biggest problem. Darius ult does almost twice as much damage as olaf's E at level 9 once he hits level 16 once he gets 5 stacks on an opponent did you know that darius with 6 fully stacked bloodthirsters does over 1500 damage which with the rest of his abilities can 1 shot almost anyone, plus , and since it refreshes it's basically got Olaf's Q refresh but with true damage. Olaf just gets armor pen, CC immunity and free resists, which isn't even that good, cc isn't that important, plus darius gets really tanky so he won't die in the time he's CCed anyway.
They say Darius gets kited, but so does Olaf if you don't consider his ranged slow and immunity to CC. I think this should clearly show that Darius is massively overpowered.
thanks 4 my time
Except for Olaf is getting a nerf, so apparently he's not balanced... -_-

bhalbur

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulliell View Post
yeah, well that's just, like, your opinion, man.
shut the f*ck up donny your out of your element!

Hoisengerd

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFakeSit View Post
Next time someone tells me CV Revive Karma ADC jungle is a bad idea i'm going to tell them it's an opinion. What the **** logic is that?
fun fact, Karma rapes Darius top lane

Fishtumz

01-29-2013

Darius is not OP I just beat him top lane as pantheon so many champs counter him..
Plus if he starts winning in trades just farm under turret and only go out when jungle comes up for kills...

It almost turns him into a super minion since he has no escapes except flash. I say he is like a super minion because you kill him for gold and he never kills you.