friends account stolen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

florix

Recruiter

01-28-2013

i have a quick question.

a friends account has just been stolen what is the process?

florix

Recruiter

01-28-2013

oh he cant get into his email address either.

he cant get into his email account either.

this is a 2 year old account. any help would be apreciated

Exion

01-28-2013

That I know of know, if your friend lost his email account and cannot get it back. But if he can have the power to get into his LoL account (but I wouldnt think that would be an option seeing that you are messaging for his sake) have him change the email to a newer email. But as of the information he has both account and email lost, sadly I wouldnt think there would be a resolution

EzpzGames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerality View Post
That I know of know, if your friend lost his email account and cannot get it back. But if he can have the power to get into his LoL account (but I wouldnt think that would be an option seeing that you are messaging for his sake) have him change the email to a newer email. But as of the information he has both account and email lost, sadly I wouldnt think there would be a resolution
the hackers change the email on the account, unless he has another account there is no way for him to get it back. two of my accounts have been hacked and riot asks like 5 questions, you tell them the corrects answers and they still say it's not enough information. they lie and obviously have no interest in giving you you're account back since you'll most likely make another account and spend more RP.

Exion

01-29-2013

Its not they are against, security measures also, you can be a total stranger and get questions right. How would you like it I knew all the answer for your account (when it was made, DOB, how much RP you spent) and gotten your account, taking everything you own and use it for personal gain and change the email and password?

florix

Recruiter

01-29-2013

yeah its messed up a 2 year old account with over 700 wins and no real way to get it back. i think riot should look into ip adresses i used to play another game that if you account was hacked they would check the ip address and cross reference it with yours and bam you have your account back. they even went as far as to freeze all going ons as soon as a claim was made, which sometimes was used to freeze enemy accounts lol but thats another story haha

Exion

01-29-2013

Well if riot would want, they can also have these security question within the League of Legend account. various questions or even uphold phone numbers in case things like this happen. Besides that, what I normally do is have 2 email address, one as my primary and another as a secondary. I put the game on my primary email but I link my primary email with my secondary so I know I have a back up in case something goes wrong