Gangsta Thresh

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetWhiskers View Post
Hence the "dare I say." The reason behind my comment is the style here is associated with gangs who stick with similar people (as gangs do more often than not), so mentioning it normally implies a race based association. Also, to be racist does not mean you have to dislike just one race, so I have no idea what you are talking about honestly. I never said he disliked gangs either.

You also should look up the definition of racism before trying to call someone out on hypocrisy.
You dared to say. You. No one else ever implied anything about race, but YOU, yourself, dared to imply that something gang related was racist.

How about you look up what SAYING THINGS means before you call someone out on them calling you out on your racism, racist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That PvZ Guy

Member

01-29-2013

Regardless of whether or not this is a good idea, I don't think Riot is going to take any Thresh skin ideas into account after having just released the champion himself. It's gonna take time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SephirothWontDie

Senior Member

01-29-2013

I would like to say that anything that's in a game is not supposed to be taken literally. lets say that they do make gangster thresh. ok, so what? did they make him out to be a certain race or can anyone be a gangster? second, there was nothing racist involved in this post until someone mentioned it. also, there was no relating anyone's style to a gang. the only thing going on in this argument is pointless bickering over something that is way off topic and beside the point of this thread. and promoting violent nature is not something a game does, its the people who decide to re-enact the violence that do. when you play a video game and strictly know that something is wrong, you wouldn't go do it because the game told you to. if anything, you would do it because you chose to.

and to the OP, its an interesting new idea. it could work. maybe a sketch would be nice for a visual aid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
I would like to say that anything that's in a game is not supposed to be taken literally. lets say that they do make gangster thresh. ok, so what? did they make him out to be a certain race or can anyone be a gangster? second, there was nothing racist involved in this post until someone mentioned it. also, there was no relating anyone's style to a gang. the only thing going on in this argument is pointless bickering over something that is way off topic and beside the point of this thread. and promoting violent nature is not something a game does, its the people who decide to re-enact the violence that do. when you play a video game and strictly know that something is wrong, you wouldn't go do it because the game told you to. if anything, you would do it because you chose to.

and to the OP, its an interesting new idea. it could work. maybe a sketch would be nice for a visual aid.
Exactly my point. There were no racial overtones until Midget accused someone of being racist for suggesting a gang themed skin. I personally think it'd be cool as hell, but when someone makes themselves an enormous hypocrite like that, I can't help but point it out to them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWhiteMadLife

Junior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by That PvZ Guy View Post
Regardless of whether or not this is a good idea, I don't think Riot is going to take any Thresh skin ideas into account after having just released the champion himself. It's gonna take time.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. I just figured I'd get the idea out there to Riot in hopes that by the time they're ready to make skins for him, this thread has gotten enough attention and upvotes that they decide to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
and to the OP, its an interesting new idea. it could work. maybe a sketch would be nice for a visual aid.

To describe me as unartistic is a massive understatement. My stick figures look like sh*t. I'll see if I can get my sister to maybe throw something together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueVector View Post
TBH I think it would be more the aesthetic rather than how someone behaves. We already have bikers with the vandal series skins, and the fetish skins would raise eyebrows in places... gangsta skins I have no problem with. Its how a character looks, and the diversity won't hurt Riot.

Good idea, btw.
Exactly the point I was trying to make.



If you guys wouldn't mind directing your friends to this thread for some upvotes, I'd really appreciate it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SephirothWontDie

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Exactly my point. There were no racial overtones until Midget accused someone of being racist for suggesting a gang themed skin. I personally think it'd be cool as hell, but when someone makes themselves an enormous hypocrite like that, I can't help but point it out to them.
you are still wrong for arguing. state your point, comment on the idea, leave. leaves more space for feedback on the idea rather than having a load of arguing ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWhiteMadLife

Junior Member

01-30-2013

Rough stick figure sketch coming soon


12