Yorick vs riven

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karlman

01-28-2013

Riven does not coutner yorick so stop saying she does.

Mid Is A Feeder

01-29-2013

Who said that? Only trundle and cho "counter" him ", even then only because of there passsives.

Danag57

01-29-2013

I saw a 2200+ game where a Riven owned a Yorick in lane.

IDK

OriginalJack

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danag57 View Post
I saw a 2200+ game where a Riven owned a Yorick in lane.

IDK
So...?

adc

01-29-2013

Before her nerf, Riven "countered" everything. Honestly, I think she'd still do fine against a Yorick - Yorick is sustain, Riven is bursty. Burst counter sustain.

BamGfAsRpd

01-29-2013

I'd kill any Yorick with Riven.

Larrythechimp

01-29-2013

The trick to defeating Yorick is not letting him use his strong sustain ability to its maximum potential.
The only way to do that is to kill him in an engage quickly. Riven possesses the early game burst to do that, which is why people may say she is a counter. However IMO she is just a straight up lane bully who exists to do just that, making her very powerful in lane

JRiMi

01-29-2013

Riven pretty much beats everything right now

jefffroson

01-30-2013

IMO there is currently no actual hard counter for yorick top in terms of another top laner. Any champions that can be called counters to yorick are just those that can survive him. Riven can in some ways do this with her 4 dashes but chogath and trundle do it better. The only real counter to yorick is a good jungler gank and some vision wards to destroy the yoricks wards. When yorick doesn't see the gank coming and it happens he will either die or get a double kill. Although I must say that the one thing funnier than the idiots that think riven is some sort of hard counter to yorick are the ones that think the same about nasus.

Sleipnir of Hel

01-30-2013

Riven is by no means a HARD counter to yorick, but by all means, has ways to defeat him. To start, she has the ability to destroy his ghouls during the exchange while also damaging yorick. If not killing the ghouls, she at least will render them useless due to the AoE stun (which is why jax is another champion with the means to fight yorick, as well as cho gath).

Both are lane bullies, and whoever gets the early lead will dominate the lane from then on. The BEST way to beat a yorick is to invade and get first blood as riven. Unreliable method, but coming to lane with two long swords will absolutely decimate him. He will be able to do nothing but hope to farm at a distance with his W and E. Take it from me, who experienced that first hand as yorick.