Pick Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OriginalJack

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
I would rather have that then be captain because it means everybody else on my team is a higher ELO than me and I should have a better chance.
lol I get what you're trying to say but the flip side is that if you're first then the enemy should all be worse than you so you should be able to carry easier. Get some self confidence man!

Drakojan

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyr Seadancer View Post
And that is the exact attitude I'm talking about. So what if they are one or two points higher than me in ELO that shouldn't give them the right to say '**** you I do what I want' I can play all roles I just prefer not to jungle due to familiarity. Forcing a player to play a role they dislike because 'I'm higher ELO than you' is very immature and causes instant break down in communication and team strength. Just like shouting 'stop feed' at some one on their first death (which I bet you do too, as you seem to be the 'I'm higher pick so **** you' mind set) which isn't what the game is supposed to be about. It's SUPPOSED to be about having fun, working together, and creating an enjoyable match for all involved. This means working together, not just doing what you want and **** the other guy. This means not harassing your team mates, or opponents. This means being honorable. It's a rather simple concept, however so many of the other players seem to overlook this.
Yes, but at the same time, just because you can Ctrl + V "ADC" faster than anyone else doesn't mean you should get the role either. Pick order is something that everyone can agree on, because some people come in the chat late due to slow computers. My advice is to find a champion you enjoy for each role. I used to hate supporting because I only owned Soraka and Taric. I bought Sona and played Leona during a free week, and now I really like it. I used to hate jungling because I was always underleveled and was useless during teamfights except for a Bola. My friends showed me Amumu and taught me how to jungle with Rengar, and now I love it. Top was a pain until I bought Rengar and Singed. You won't care if you're stuck supporting every game just because you're last pick. Eventually, you might love whatever role you don't like now, and end up first-picking it when you carry yourself to 1800 ELO with Leona.

And you're making assumptions. I generally take whatever I want first pick because I always fill when I'm last pick. I try ti be nice to my teammates and enemies, and if I see something dumb in one of their builds, like two IEs, I'll just tell them they should probably sell it for a BloodThirster. I won't rage at them. I won't report them. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're evil.

Llyr Seadancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalbur View Post
Seeing as how you said you were duo qing your teamate was probably a much higher elo which is why you were always at the bottom because it brought in a bunch of players at a higher than you less than him or somehwere in between to have a balanced team... Now you must learn that it does go by pick order as written in the summoners code which, you like to say you follow but then argue you it, like someone before me had said... I agree people should use communication to find out what roles they want, but if the higher pick feels more confident with them being the adc rather than a person below them than they can make that choice... trust me its not just you who always getting jipped into filling, as im sure you feel, everyone is on the bottom at sometime or another its just whether they are a good summoner and fill as the team needs or they do the always popular MID OR FEEEEEEED!!!!!
Actually, it says every one should pick to fill, no where does it state that Pick order is the only important thing. And ontop of that it says that you should lead by example, so, if the Team Captain wants to be a good TC he should communicate with the team instead of staying silent and instant locking a role and thus forcing every one else to jump around and through hoops because he couldn't be bothered to communicate.

Communication > pick order

If people communicate I'm more than happy to swap around and fill so that EVERYONE is playing a role they are comfortable with

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Are you calling your roles, asking for your roles, or saying your best roles? Spoilers, you should be doing the first.

In my opinion, be calm, be courteous, and ask politely if you may have role X. 90% of the time, you will get a courteous response. the other 10% of the people are bad people. 80% of the 90% of the time you will get the role you request I feel. But if 3 people's best roles are mid. Deal with it, you don't get to pick first. =P