Pick Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1400orBUST

01-28-2013

Breaking up a duo = fail

not announcing a duo by Ctrl-V = fail

There is no real need to change things in that you now have the power to a) announce your pairdome. b) dodge if someone is too daft to get it.

There are glaring problems with the matchmaking system not the least of which is not being able to select or de-select roles you play well or have no interest in.

Llyr Seadancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Exactly. Why not let people cue in for playing a certain role and it shows what their roll is with a specific Icon. Thus making team groups based on peoples strengths, not just randomly (for instance it'll pick a jungler, top, mid, adc, and support for a team) it would probably take a bit longer to cue in, but I for one wouldn't mind.

PlayaPan

01-29-2013

For me, the way I see call/pick order is this:

elo hell --> everyone bickers and targets each other over call & pick
elo heaven --> all members take a few seconds to consider call or pick order; won 3 ranked in a row when I played with a 1200+ elo friend. Everyone worked together.

The mentality is different. What the pros are doing, we should follow their footsteps and advance ourselves.

Llyr Seadancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Yes but so many in ELO hell are all about doing what they want, I'd much rather play with my friend as ADC and myself as Support Tank Rammus, as, that's how we've trained, and of the three ranked games we've done that we've only lost one, but I understand that's breaking away a chunk of it for himself and myself, so sometimes I will solo top or solomid but you run into alot of people constantly screaming at you if you die more than once (seriously I got a 'stop feeding' on my second death when I had four kills and an assist) it's rather.... ridiculous

OriginalJack

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llyr Seadancer View Post
Yes but so many in ELO hell are all about doing what they want,
You do realize that's you too.

If you really want to win just be flexible, it's a team of five not of two and if you can't play all the roles well you deserve to lose the games that you don't get your preferred role.

RegalLettuce

01-29-2013

Quote:
Yes but so many in ELO hell are all about doing what they want, I'd much rather play with my friend as ADC and myself as Support Tank Rammus

So basically what you saying is everyone in ELO hell wants to do what they want, correct? You then state that YOU WANT to play adc/support combo. Thats not hypocritical or anything.

bhalbur

01-29-2013

Quote:
And that is the exact attitude I'm talking about. So what if they are one or two points higher than me in ELO that shouldn't give them the right to say '**** you I do what I want' I can play all roles I just prefer not to jungle due to familiarity. Forcing a player to play a role they dislike because 'I'm higher ELO than you' is very immature and causes instant break down in communication and team strength. Just like shouting 'stop feed' at some one on their first death (which I bet you do too, as you seem to be the 'I'm higher pick so **** you' mind set) which isn't what the game is supposed to be about. It's SUPPOSED to be about having fun, working together, and creating an enjoyable match for all involved. This means working together, not just doing what you want and **** the other guy. This means not harassing your team mates, or opponents. This means being honorable. It's a rather simple concept, however so many of the other players seem to overlook this.
Seeing as how you said you were duo qing your teamate was probably a much higher elo which is why you were always at the bottom because it brought in a bunch of players at a higher than you less than him or somehwere in between to have a balanced team... Now you must learn that it does go by pick order as written in the summoners code which, you like to say you follow but then argue you it, like someone before me had said... I agree people should use communication to find out what roles they want, but if the higher pick feels more confident with them being the adc rather than a person below them than they can make that choice... trust me its not just you who always getting jipped into filling, as im sure you feel, everyone is on the bottom at sometime or another its just whether they are a good summoner and fill as the team needs or they do the always popular MID OR FEEEEEEED!!!!!

Voyles

01-29-2013

Quote:
10 matches of ranked, and I was last pick every time for some retarded reason
I would rather have that then be captain because it means everybody else on my team is a higher ELO than me and I should have a better chance.

asmit10z

01-29-2013

The way I look at it is (Atleast when playing normal games, not high enough level for ranked just yet) i'll queue and say what roles i'm good at / wanna play. Normally it'd be jungle & support. If i'm forced into another role, not my problem if the team loses.

YoungGoN4v5

01-29-2013

Hey You know this whole attitude of picking doesn't ever really change? I don't know where you guys come to the conclusion that just because you hit x elo that people will stop doing all the petty things that they do in other elos but it is a bit of a myth. In fact, I would argue that out of all the elo's the 1500's happen to be filled with the largest amount of *******s do to the sense of entitlement people feel from that gold banner.