True/False Nidalee is the 3rd strongest champion in Dominion right now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

01-29-2013

True. Her spear has just to wide aoe. It should be skillshot harder to land, like Jayce's q.

Malah

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
This is a post of far higher quality than your previous posts imo.
Which I shouldn't have bothered posting. Watching a minute effort of snippiness irritate you was as entertaining as the match I was in, and it's not like I'm making a new or revolutionary position.

Teemo's jungle control before was a problem because my trap tactic of sticking the tank in front and letting them blow up the minefield backfired for two reasons: his traps hurt too much and the slow means it's an inefficient method of doing so. Having a tank make a quick circuit of the upper jungle to trap-bust on Nidalee only takes about thirty seconds with speed shrine use and can be done without putting you in danger: her traps make you squishier, but unlike Teemo's you can escape the radius. If you're going all-in jungle control with utility then a Nidalee with BFT/Rylai would be incredibly damn annoying, but just that.

@Point Defense: That tank can defend the point or Nidalee, not both. Nid's point defense is in her safety, but that doesn't extend to the rest of her team - jump on the wave clearer or just outright dive and send your friendly, neighborhood assassin to the back lines to chase her down. Nid can either roam the jungle or defend a point, but if you pin her in one of those areas she can't get to the other without rescue or the other team screwing up their roam. This is the basic principle for every strong roamer - if you can apply enough pressure in one area to keep them there then their surprise factor is neutralized and if they can't leave then their roam effectiveness might suffer as well.

As I've said before, though, I hold my expectation that people know what to do against champion kits to a rather high level. Example: I only classified AP Eve at the bottom of T1, and that was when DFG was out of control (both times). I bother applying (or at least bother saying that I do so) Sauron's tier list to different levels of play, so my perception varies by which level we're talking about - she's god tier at lower levels when people don't know what to expect of her, true. I don't set the bar for when people should know better at the highest, I set it at around the 3/5 mark. That's not a level of perfect execution, mind, that's just the point where survival rates increase because you at least know better even if it isn't reflex.

I'm in whole agreeance that her trap penetration needs to be reduced. The one thing I did gain, though, is Ikruti comparing the reveal length versus the distance you could cover during that reveal. That should be filed into the gigantic list of mechanics that need a Dominion-only version implimented - I do have to agree that for just one trap the amount of time you're losing MR/Armor and rendered unable to move in the jungle safely is a bit long.

That might get her tier one in combination with the other factors mentioned in this thread if not for the competition she would face on that level.

brownbruiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

hotshotnidaleegg he kick my bruddah in da ass

Ahses

01-29-2013

Having a Nidalee on your team feels like being handed a win, much like having a Teemo does. Likewise playing against one if you don't have one if even more uphill. While Teemo can be better countered by a sweeper Nidalee doesn't have that luxury. Because she doesn't need it. The traps are a nice bonus, but the main problem lies in her kit. She's impossible to catch and the more distance she puts between you and her the more damage she gets to do to you. She can drop traps where you can see them and do even more damage and light you up. You can dive on her and she'll outhop you. You can poke her but she'll outpoke you. By midgame getting hit by a single spear all but kills anything less than the tankiest champions, and catching her to prevent her from spearing you willynilly is damn near impossible.

smXho

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
Azubu Blaze must be 500 Elo players because they got hit by xPeke's Nidalee's spears. IEM Katowice, Azubu vs Fnatic, game #2.

And unlike Shrooms, spears and traps are single target meaning they get full benefit from BFT.
Is it me, or does tourney have like 0 ping?

Which also meant that players like us have a even harder time dodging spears?

Anyway, what i want to say is, her jungle control is making her out of hand. Yes she did not receive much nerf / buff during s2 and into s3, but the meta has in Dominion. People are more and more realising the importance of jungle control, and with the new penetration changes, those traps are amazing.

12 sec of virtually shredding your armor into 0 easily from 150 or 200 is very painful. Do you hide for 12 sec (oh you can't, they can see you) or do you join the fight with 0 armor and hope you win?

0shi

01-30-2013

False, Darius is worse than Nidalee. Kinda surprised I'm the only one to invoke his name in the entire thread.
EDIT: It seems you are uninterested in exact positions and instead looking for people to agree with you. That being the case: Yes, she is very powerful.
EDIT2: And the trap vision duration is far, far too long.

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Nid is strong, but has weaknesses. Always bring a strong cc caster and tank to deal with the cat. or just engage and have your tank position in front of your team to soak spears. Imo the current rankings are....

#1 Kassawin
#2 Jayce
#3 Khazik's
#4 Evelynn/Amumu
#5 Nidalee
#6 Jax/Teemo/Darius/etc

Sauron

01-31-2013

Trynd is a hard counter to Nidalee. He can bodyblock all her spears and save them from hitting his allies. It makes no difference to the game if Trynd is dead or alive, so he's like a 2k hp shield every few seconds since the respawn timer will always be in his favor.