True/False Nidalee is the 3rd strongest champion in Dominion right now.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I think Nidalee is the 3rd strongest champion in Dominion right now behind Kassadin and Khazix. Teemo and Eve have both seen recent nerfs. Jayce seems to have a pretty high skill cap, seems pretty weak for a cheesecake champion (as far as blind pick goes).

I think it's about time it is made official that Nidalee is a cheesecake champion since Sauron's tier list is pretty out of date (let's be real, nidalee in tier 2? LOL, ok.)

Edit : I figure I should put some actual justification in. This champion has reasonable strength at the initial lvl 4 fight, has ridiculous levels of jungle control after the first few minutes in the game. If you step on a trap you can no longer walk in the jungle alone or gank anyone for 12 seconds. If you get tagged by a spear at the same time you have to recall.

Incredibly hard to kill outside of (unsurprisingly) other cheesecake champions such as Kassadin and Khazix. Only champions that can realistically kill her is like Vi (maybe fiora too), who is probably a bit op too (most likely tier 1-2), though I'm not go into detail with that. Realistically one of her counters would be to flank her, but unfortunately since she has so much jungle control with spears and traps, you can't enter bushes which makes this an incredibly difficult feat. Not to mention she's probably not alone, so flanking in itself is often impossible.

Her jungle control is further supported by the fact that she has full access to speed shrines at all time, full access to all bushes (which also gives her ms due to her passive) and her cougar form leap. She can go anywhere on the map while you can't, because of her traps and mobility.

Her point control is also incredibly strong. It's basically the same as Jayce, you can't ever cap a point alone against a Nidalee, and if you take too many spears you will just get all inned and die.

Her heal is also very strong, and her cougar form is not bad at 1v1ing people when the enemy champion is low hp.

She has minimal counters outside of other cheesecake champions and her poke and jungle control make it incredibly hard to win against her. It's kind of like playing vs Teemo before he got nerfed + lightbringer/sweeper buffs.

Malah

01-28-2013

Congratulations, let me guess: you just faced a Nidalee with a Torch and walked over every trap she put in front of you.

Let me go down the list in the hope I can give you a brief education on what anyone who has given a cursory glance at her abilities should know: dodge sniper spears, don't walk over the visible traps (please use your eyes: these are generally located in the front of your face.), and don't wander alone in the jungle to get ambushed. Want to cap on a Nidalee? You're not going to! Because like the twenty or so other champions with long distance poke, she can stall all day long until backup arrives (which is nothing special whatsoever! Hint, try doing it with a team next time so you don't get annihilated when her backup shows).

Eyes available in the League of Legends Store today for 3250 RP! Yeah, the trap penetration is at pure dumb levels, but there are more broken mechanics around at the moment.

SirLucious LftFt

01-28-2013

in the games ive seen i think jayce is better. Nid is great, but her dmg is much less consistent, u can have ppl dodging ques, smart tanks with MR staying out of traps and watching out for squishies, or nid can just striaght miss em.

sure nid pwns ppl at low hp but wouldnt jayce be able to do the same thing to anyone super low too?

im having a hard time comparing them because of the fact that nids got the heals and void trap, those things scale the better ur teamates are. also comparing a support mage, to a ad carry which is kinda hard in itself.

i also see many many more nids which would also equal more bad nids

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Congratulations, let me guess: you just faced a Nidalee with a Torch and walked over every trap she put in front of you.

Let me go down the list in the hope I can give you a brief education on what anyone who has given a cursory glance at her abilities should know: dodge sniper spears, don't walk over the visible traps (please use your eyes: these are generally located in the front of your face.), and don't wander alone in the jungle to get ambushed. Want to cap on a Nidalee? You're not going to! Because like the twenty or so other champions with long distance poke, she can stall all day long until backup arrives (which is nothing special whatsoever! Hint, try doing it with a team next time so you don't get annihilated when her backup shows).

Eyes available in the League of Legends Store today for 3250 RP! Yeah, the trap penetration is at pure dumb levels, but there are more broken mechanics around at the moment.
Brains available on most human beings for absolutely free!

Brains not available for Malah in the League of Legends store!

konfetarius

01-28-2013

I am impressed at how quickly this turned into rudeness.

SovietVVinter

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
Only champions that can realistically kill her is like Vi (maybe fiora too), who is probably a bit op too (most likely tier 1-2), though I'm not go into detail with that.
So you're telling me that Vi and Fiora, who both have terrible problems sticking to anyone, are the only champions who can realistically kill Nidalee, the kite-mistress and one of the hardest champions to catch in the game? Please, do go into detail with that...

Malah

01-28-2013

I'm not buying into this fad any more than I did the last five.

The only thing that has made her stronger in recent time is that her trap pierce wasn't nerfed with the S3 changes in mind, which encompasses everyone with penetration effects. There's still no excuse to walk over one outside of a team fight on a point she has entrenched on or if she places them while fighting. It's like walking over a Teemo mushroom with a sweeper on you. Same goes for spears. If you don't pay attention to your surroundings then there's far worse champions than Nidalee to end up against. Her team fighting with the trap pierce is what's making her more visible than before, and nowhere did you mention this, so I'm not buying your pitch.

Incessant nagging is not going to get you any further than it has the other times you've said this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
I am impressed at how quickly this turned into rudeness.
I've got less patience for this than Kassadin posts. I can at least understand Kassadin complaints; this is just inane.

Bma

01-28-2013

He's referring to you, btw, since you started your posts off by insulting my ability to play the game and claiming that I have some deficiency with my eyesight.

I would respond to you but firstly you're wrong and secondly you're rude about it T_T

ZallKlos

01-28-2013

Azubu Blaze must be 500 Elo players because they got hit by xPeke's Nidalee's spears. IEM Katowice, Azubu vs Fnatic, game #2.

And unlike Shrooms, spears and traps are single target meaning they get full benefit from BFT.

Eyemite

01-28-2013

I wouldn't say 3rd strongest, but a strong and annoying champ sure. People can say just dodge her moves all you want but the fact is you are not going to dodge every spear or miss every trap. All you can do is learn to adjust your strategy accordingly like against every other champ.