Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ranked afking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDEEzknUts

01-28-2013

There needs to be a ban system for people who frequently leave ranked games. This is really frustrating having to grind out a 40 minute game with three dedicated summoners because one decides to rage and leave. I know that banning someone for one leave is not the right move but just a ban from ranked play would suffice. People who play ranked want to win and im tired of losing games im not even given a fair chance to compete in. I think there should be a tier of punishments.
2-5 ranked leaves instant one day ban from ranked play
5-8 ranked leaves instant three day ban from ranked play
9-15 leaves instant week
15-20 two week
20-25 three week and so forth
simple suggestion

Worst Iee sin

01-28-2013

good idea

i know some people have rl commitments/emergencies/dcs that come up, but thats no excuse to consistently leave games

your idea for ban times would punish the consistent leavers and yet give a little leeway for those emergencies

if u cant verify ull be there for the whole game consistently.... y play....

Wonderonous

01-28-2013

I support this, so far preseason has been one leave after another for me.

encyclopedea

01-28-2013

1 time i saw a ranked game where 4 people on 1 team afked... right at the beginning of the game, too

Tonycakes

01-28-2013

I actually picked xerath to mid a game, was last champion to pick on my team. My computer froze so I said **** it and restarted my pc. Went out to have a smoke and get some water boot lol back up and I actually was in the game. My team didnt rage but I ended up having to play support bottom for a Caitlyn. Long story short I ended up 7/0/18 and we murderd bottom and won the game. Best afk I've had. Now I will make sure I didn't get in the game before going for a smoke lol.

PlayaPan

01-29-2013

I'd agree. However, there is a time limit (30min, 60min) ban.