Riot powercreeped the hell out of their own game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

singed was the first champion designed at all. singed has one of the higest consistent win rates.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

basic kit does not mean weak kit.

though i kind of agree that they are really dropping the ball on this. like you see nunu with just eat, blood boil, iceball, aoe ult then a new champ has a wall of text for each ability with % based damage and tons of scalings in all these different spots. He only has 1 regular move that does damage to champs.

as long as people keep paying for newer stronger champs riot will keep pumping them out.

xBaron Nashorx

01-28-2013

Just compare dianna to shaco.

Both were intended as jungling assassins.

Dianna has a shield, more reliable CC, higher burst, shorter cooldown dash/blink that can be machinegunned, can build HP into her kit with RoA/Rylais AND can utilise gp/5 items.

Only time shaco is a stronger pick is when his summoner is practically a Grand Master shaco player.

Frakenbourrough

01-28-2013

I dunno, Warwick was always the absolute strongest pick on TT. He still might be, but I've only played the new one a couple times. I think his massive amounts of lifesteal keep him potentially viable.

iShadowHeart

01-28-2013

But WW has the gayest sustain eva

Atreiyu

01-28-2013

AP Master Yi

Saruyan

01-28-2013

yet most of the best played champions are relatively old, across many roles.

i wouldnt call it powercreep, because the power hasnt gone up. i would call it utility creep. champs seem to do a lot of things now, but not really good at one single thing. it can be both a good thing and a bad thing.

FalconPawwwwnch

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
yet most of the best played champions are relatively old, across many roles.

i wouldnt call it powercreep, because the power hasnt gone up. i would call it utility creep. champs seem to do a lot of things now, but not really good at one single thing. it can be both a good thing and a bad thing.
Either way, it's still more "power" in newer champs. If champs have equal damage but one has way more utility, why pick the former champ other than preference?

0blivious

01-28-2013

lol who else would power creep the hell out of it blizzard, activision, comcast????!

FalconPawwwwnch

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blivious View Post
lol who else would power creep the hell out of it blizzard, activision, comcast????!
Or you know, you could post something that benefits the post.