Need help, Must be a bug in the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PELOPUBICO

01-30-2013

Hey guys, so im wondering.. i got my acc suspended on the 28th for 15 days... got the email and all, then the next day, i get another email, with another case perma banning me.. i thought that when u got suspended, all the older reports would be dropped, to give players a new chance.. but in this case it dint happen. help plz?

Cases here.
On the 28th- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6063946/

On the 29th- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6148873/

Ps- there are also repeated cases on both of them.. =/

YueienGato

01-30-2013

Submit a ticket, this may be a bug. Ask for clarification as to the process that was used.

And for the naysayers on Hobo's thread, this either is a glitch or it is Riot's new unspoken method. Eitherway, I find this is problematic.

KineticSkink

01-30-2013

It's either a bug or the system has been a bit weird when you have had the level of punishment escalated directly by Riot.

Only Player Support can effectively help you here unfortunately, I would recommend submitting a request to them.

PELOPUBICO

01-30-2013

Thanks guys for the reply

YueienGato

01-30-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3055250&page=5

The other case I was referencing. Yes the OP in that thread is a jaggoff but it doesn't mean we should just allow him to get perma bamp through a glitch: I'd rather have the satisfaction of his removal through the traditional route.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

This bug was prevalent last year too, when people were getting hit with double jeapordy. While I don't support your actions, you have every right to be confused OP. Write to Support, but be patient.

Goth Skunk

01-30-2013

That's quite the numeric difference between caseload A and caseload B. Almost 85000 cases between the two.

It's possible that Caseload B contains a bunch of games that were all played recently, long after the games in Caseload A.

Imagine if you will:

Caseload A all contains games you played in early September. Caseload B all contains games you played in November.

The punishment for your Caseload A games, for whatever reason, gets processed in early January. Your 15 day suspension then commences. All reported games you've accrued up to and including the first day of October are thus dismissed from the Tribunal, but every game you play since then is considered brand new and factored into Caseload B.

Just as Caseload A finally gets processed, Caseload B gets processed much quicker, and within 24 hours you're issued your suspension, and your permanent ban.

I think that is what happened here.

meadow

01-30-2013

But Goth Skunk, although I agree with everyone that permanent bans should be deserved he is already serving one prior for the same few cases which makes it Double Jeopardy, he should not have been sentenced twice for the same cases.

Hope that Player Support sees that this is either a glitch, or that the two weeks were meant to be a permanent ban after all :/

Goth Skunk

01-30-2013

Player support must have seen that. Only Riot staff members can issue permanent bans and lengthy suspensions. The Riot staffer who brought down the Banhammer must have known he was already serving a suspension.

YueienGato

01-30-2013

I reiterate my concern from the other thread here: Riot claims that all Perma bamps are reviewed by a Rioter before the finalization of a perma.

If this is indeed a glitch and a Rioter did not catch the fact that he was being punished for repeated games WHILE still serving out his bamp then it brings about some problematic issues - for me at least. For me it implies, especially now that there has been another case, that these reviews might not be as thorough as we've been to, especially with the fact that this issue seems to be very noticible.

And about repeating cases: yes there are a lot of cases built inbetween A and B, but that means the chances of 1, let alone 2, cases being rebrought up is very, very low.

It hasn't happened once here but twice with Hobo.

The math, for me, does not work out.