AFK 1st warning - But I've done nothing wrong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwanza Lord

01-31-2013

I logged in right now and got some warning.
Apparently people have been reporting me for afk or inactivity.

However, this makes absolutely no sense.
Though I am a relatively new player, I think I play very well.

I don't know if people can directly check my games, but here are the scores:

10/2/6
7/3/11
11/0/7
14/1/5
10/4/2 Loss
23/2/13 Custom
5/2/16 Custom Loss

With these stats, there is no way I am afk/inactive.

These are the only games I have played (though a few more may be added as I play today).

If this is the result of the tribunal being trolls, I really think tribunal has to be changed.
I can remember about 2 games in which my connection was a problem.
I didn't troll my team and I made sure my team knew that I was sorry for my connection being silly.

To add to that, my most recent games have not had any connection issues.
I think either the other team or my own team mates are being sore losers.

What do you all think?

HyunJunLee

01-31-2013

it's a warning not a ban, don't worry about it...just win your games and you will be fine...

Getsuei

01-31-2013

Sounds like the Leaver Buster system. Being afk/inactive/dc for 5 minutes is all it takes to get mark against you. If enough of these happen you get a warning, adding more leadings to different lengths of bans.

Check your email, if it was a Tribunal warning/banning you should have received something there. Don't forget to check the spam folders.

Kwanza Lord

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyunJunLee View Post
it's a warning not a ban, don't worry about it...just win your games and you will be fine...
Is the tribunal giving me this warning?
How are warnings done?

Kwanza Lord

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Sounds like the Leaver Buster system. Being afk/inactive/dc for 5 minutes is all it takes to get mark against you. If enough of these happen you get a warning, adding more leadings to different lengths of bans.

Check your email, if it was a Tribunal warning/banning you should have received something there. Don't forget to check the spam folders.
No I did not get a ban, it was a warning.
I just got scared because I'm definitely not doing anything bad.

Getsuei

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwanza Lord View Post
No I did not get a ban, it was a warning.
I just got scared because I'm definitely not doing anything bad.
Warnings are issued from two different sets of systems, the Tribunal and the Leaver Buster. My guess is the Leaver Buster if I had to go off of the evidence at hand.

Edit: Leaver Buster isn't as serious as the Tribunal btw, so you are safe as long as you keep playing normally =)

Sporq

01-31-2013

LeaverBuster is particularly harsh on new and low level players. Just try to stay active and participating in all your games and you won't have anymore problems.

gnfnrf

01-31-2013

A lot of people are coming at the question, but nobody is putting it all together.

Without knowing exactly what your warning said, it's hard to tell you exactly what is going on.

Most likely, it's a LeaverBuster message. This one says something about abandoning your teammates, I think. If it is, this is an entirely automated system. It detects if you idle in game or quit the game. Do it too often, and it starts banning you. No human is involved. If you disconnected from two of your first seven games, that might be enough to trigger LeaverBuster.

The other system is the Tribunal, which is for other behavior problems. However, a Tribunal warning generates no log-in message, just an email. A Tribunal ban tells you that you have been banned by the Tribunal. All Tribunal punishments come with an email with a link to the case that got you in trouble. If you have such an email, it helps to post a link to that case.