Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Video Editing: Zooming without Panning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwntak

01-28-2013

Hi all,

I'm editing gameplay videos in Sony Vegas Pro 12. It's absolutely infuriating how the program handles zooming. Instead of being able to automatically zoom in to a specific place and a specific degree of zoom, it slowly zooms in and then pans over to wherever the next place I want to zoom is. It ruins the effect entirely, as certain events (such as the announcement of a killing spree or the kill feed) disappear before the zoom finds them. Not only that, but I don't want to be zoomed in the whole damn time either! I've looked around for a solution, but haven't found any.

Help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: If anyone else has a suggestion for a different video editor, I'm open to it. I really am at the end of my rope.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blasterboy

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Uhhh... This doesn't quite seem like the right place... I have no idea where else this might go, but still... Anyway, as far as I know, Sony Vegas goes by KeyFrames. You could shorten the time it takes to zoom by how close the frames are.