Permed for this, there's harsh and there's ridicolous.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BillyTheAttorney

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
Interesting. BA in English and History, with a focus on Lit. Theory and Disarmament Studies respectively.

Right now finishing up my MA in English Lit and Rhetorics while working towards a more secure position at a Game Theory Thinktank (Why I am here). Some folks are nudging me towards a PhD but, for now, I like my sanity.

My interest in this (aka the concept of a community-driven system that is the Tribunal) is the shifting dynamics of communicating a digital ethos and cognative dissonance . . . aka I should have tried out for law school : /

Eitherway, just wanted to do a shout out to your postings: always a pleasure to read something as well thought-out as your posts often provide. I thoroughly enjoy the ethos you project

I only understood half the words there. But good luck, you're probably smarter than I am!

I did some sociology, statistics (math for humanities majors), and the like. I couldn't get my head around it. It was interesting, but I'm just not talented enough to do everything. But who knows, you might just fall into something you don't expect. I did. It's worked out for the most part.

PenguinKillBear

01-28-2013

I see this thread has become an academic pissing competition. I did not read all the individual posts in this thread as they, like the pissing competition are entirely irrelevant.

From your cases it was clear that you purposely committed actions that went against the wishes of your teammates. Double mid in ranked is not an issue if the team knowingly agrees to it. It was obvious that they did not. The basic principle of the Summoner's Code boils down to "dont be a jerk". It is apparent that many of your teammates thought you were being a jerk, and the tribunal agreed.

The subjective definition of the word is irrelevant.

GOOOOOSE

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
I see this thread has become an academic pissing competition. I did not read all the individual posts in this thread as they, like the pissing competition are entirely irrelevant.

From your cases it was clear that you purposely committed actions that went against the wishes of your teammates. Double mid in ranked is not an issue if the team knowingly agrees to it. It was obvious that they did not. The basic principle of the Summoner's Code boils down to "dont be a jerk". It is apparent that many of your teammates thought you were being a jerk, and the tribunal agreed.

The subjective definition of the word is irrelevant.
Haha, I agree on the first bit. Your last argument nearly gave me AIDS though.

PenguinKillBear

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOOOOSE View Post
Haha, I agree on the first bit. Your last argument nearly gave me AIDS though.
Text cannot give you aids.

Here is the thing. Riot has stated that breaking the meta is not bannable if you communicate and have agreement with your team. You did not do this. So you were punished. You can disagree with this all you want, but it is entirely irrelevant to your case.

YueienGato

01-28-2013

In hindsight going to remove this.

YueienGato

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTheAttorney View Post
I only understood half the words there. But good luck, you're probably smarter than I am!

I did some sociology, statistics (math for humanities majors), and the like. I couldn't get my head around it. It was interesting, but I'm just not talented enough to do everything. But who knows, you might just fall into something you don't expect. I did. It's worked out for the most part.
Naw, you can communicate with people . . . I cannot : /

Kirska

01-28-2013

Did you seriously bring religion into a tribunal permaban argument? Really? That hasn't happened in a while.

gnfnrf

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOOOOSE View Post
While there is nothing inherently wrong with what you posted, your somewhat weak subjectivity to what annoyance is and what constitutes a permaban is borderline alarming.
I said nothing about judging anything as worthy of a permaban. I judged things worthy of a punishment. That's all the Tribunal does, picks punish or pardon. Remember, a Riot employee decided whether you should be permabanned.

And I did so subjectively. If I could do it objectively, the Tribunal wouldn't be needed, Lyte would just program a computer to do it. He can't, because it is inherently a subjective exercise.

Quote:
The only game I see as even remotely worth a report would be the lux game, and if you look at how much I was being insulted by her ( yes, the one I carried), I'd say I was relatively restrained in my chat. It's important to look at this case pragmatically, to talk in absolutes and say my slight sarcasm toward her justifies this ban is blind, and speaks truths about the tribunal system.
What I saw was that Lux was actually trying to work out a reasonable lane structure at the beginning of the match, and you blowing her off completely by saying that she (your entire team, really) was taking the match too seriously. Eventually, Lux goes pretty negative too, but by that point you'd already long since crossed the line. And anyway, Lux going negative wouldn't absolve you, it would just mean Lux would be more likely to be punished in her Tribunal case.

And from that, plus the report begging negativity, I would have voted punish. And the Tribunal at least partially agreed.

GIANT TROLL

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YueienGato View Post
K.

Good to know you ain't losing anything then.

In all honesty, your general attitude is negative and dismissive of your team's concern. I dunno what would seem "harsh" enough to warrent a perma in your mind, but if you didn't learn from the previous warnings then, yeah, don't pretend that you are all up in arms about this.
Hey fairy...

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Personally, I would probably have voted to pardon your case...but you'll have to file an appeal with Riot. I don't know if there were errors when the Tribunal went into recess. Check with them and see what you get.

Game 3 is the biggest risk, but your team won that one, so there's no reason to punish you there.