Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Bug-Major?] Game Crash - Changing Map Scroll Speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westophalopalis

01-28-2013

So I just jumped into my first game of PBE since the patch on 1/27-1/28 and it felt like the map scroll speed was increased compared to the NALive server. Mid way through the match I went to lower my map scroll speed in the in-game options, and when I hit save changes the game locked up and froze.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem since the new patch?

Steps to repeat:
1) Load in a match on PBE
2) Open the "In game" options options
3) Change the map scroll speed (I lowed mine)
4) Hit Accept or Save... See if it crashes
5) .... Profit????

vLemon

QA Analyst

01-29-2013

Hey Westophalopali, are you on windows or mac?

Can you try to repair your installation and see if this keeps happening? (try in a custom, so you don't get a leave in case you crash)

Westophalopalis

01-29-2013

Thank you vLemon for the quick reply, I am currently using Windows 8 and havent had any UI bugs with PBE or NA Live before. (Although I have had to repair/reinstall PBE before in the past)

I am trying to Log-In to PBE to check right now but currently im getting an annoying error preventing me from logging in at the moment stating "Connection Failure: Unable to connect to PVP.net" so I will let you know once I am able to Log-In (although i do have work later today)

Westophalopalis

01-29-2013

Oh a new patch, that was convenient lol thanks Ill let you know soon

Westophalopalis

01-29-2013

Im going to repair since I cant Log-In still, I will let you know in about 1-2 hours.

Westophalopalis

01-29-2013

Everything works perfect now, changing map options in game doesnt crash the game anymore. I am not 100% sure if it was the Repair or the Patch an hour ago.

Thanks so much vLemon, I owe you 1 jelly doughnut fine sir...