Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How specifically does the new dodging mechanic work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zisi

01-28-2013

I understand from riot posts that it starts at loosing 1 LP for your first dodge and goes up. However details past that are unclear to me, and I never made a PBE account to test myself (looks like registration is closed currently).

1. Does the loss only effect your LP?
2. If it does effect your real ELO, is the loss to ELO proportionate to the loss of LP?
3. If you have 0 LP, does it show as a negative LP? or does it stay at 0 and effect your real ELO?
4. How specifically do the penalties scale up, and when are they reset? Every day?
5. Is the dodging system for normals unchanged? or will dodging effect your hidden elo for those games as well?
6. If you dodge the during a series, the dev's said the series is canceled and you must "re-qualify", however does your true elo only get penalized normally?

At a middling 1600ish elo how much LP would one expect to gain or loose in a game?

---------

I ask because there are some games I simply wont take, regardless of the penalties. If a guy starts insulting people right off the bat, talking about peoples moms, and calling people names. I really don't care if I would have won or lost that match -I'm not playing it-.

So I assume with the new system that you could reasonably dodge a couple games in a day, and just not play after that to mitigate some of the harm to your elo?

MeowMeowRawrrrr

01-28-2013

+1

I don't know the answers, but I would like to know as well.

ElDynamite

01-28-2013

AFAIK, it affects only your points, and it does go into negative. But they're removing the Elo system I believe so Elo is irrelevant. My first dodge I lost 5 and my second I lost 10, they were consecutive though, so they do increase, and probably reset every few non-dodged games. During a series, your points go down and you have to get back to 100 to start the series over.

Warrikon

01-28-2013

I don't understand the LP system anyway. I mean, I played 1 game and got 68 LP. wat. then I played another and got 93 LP. what! D:<

rdzs

01-28-2013

It starts at 5LP taken away and yes you can go into the negatives it happened to my friend when he dodged his first ranked game

Noric

01-28-2013

Does not affect true elo.
You lose the promo series as to stop people from become toxic when they qualify for stuff (dodging unless outteamcomped - plus you can't lose LP if you are already max)

I believe you can lose as low as 0 LP per game and before the accelerated stuff going on in pbe i got at least 35 LP in one game before in silver league.

Vertany

01-28-2013

Quote:
Zisi:

3. If you have 0 LP, does it show as a negative LP? or does it stay at 0 and effect your real ELO?

After dodging a ChampionSelect that started with insulting just now, I can answer this question:

Zisi

01-28-2013

Quote:
Does not affect true elo.

How did you determine that? If that was true then you could actually dodge as much as you wanted and it wouldn't mater. Since your true elo would still go up, and the lp you earn for a win would also go up, it would be fairly inevitable that you would go up leagues eventually. So I would assume that it does harm your hidden mmr as well.

Quote:
But they're removing the Elo system I believe so Elo is irrelevant.

Its being hidden, not removed. Riot has stated that the elo system underneath is basically unchanged. It's the presentation that is being changed.

Noric

01-29-2013

Quote:
Zisi:
How did you determine that? If that was true then you could actually dodge as much as you wanted and it wouldn't mater. Since your true elo would still go up, and the lp you earn for a win would also go up, it would be fairly inevitable that you would go up leagues eventually. So I would assume that it does harm your hidden mmr as well.

Why should it? Elo(or hidden mmr if you prefer) cares about fair games. Just because someone is annoying(dodging a lot) doesn't mean they are a worse player. You can go negative in LP and the dodge timer will continue to get steeper - so there is discouragement. However, lowering hidden mmr would be the same as old queue dodgers getting to "elo heaven" or to just a minor degree being better than those they are playing with.

Zisi

01-29-2013

Quote:
Why should it?

I hope it doesn't. That said I suspect it does, and would love if we could confirm it either way somehow.