I think every team should just pick Kassadin.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SCIENCE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I'm not going to get into the Kassadin discussion, but when Dominion Elo was visible Unskilled Player reports did absolutely nothing to it, even when testing over the course of several games in case there was a delayed effect. These reports also never go to Tribunal. Thus, we can assume that Unskilled Player reports do one of the following:

1). Lowers a person's SR normal rating.
2). Nothing.
Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Don't worry, Unskilled Player reports do not show up in the Tribunal. Those reports are just for our research, analyses and system features.
This is why I report unskilled. It's not against the summoner or me, but it could be valued as statistically significant someday. We all can dream.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XantheInsane View Post
revive takes skill to use however
Revive is to Dominion, what flash is to Summoners Rift.

Sakuri Ono

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIENCE View Post
*Read*
In regards to 'tournament learning' then yes; I can concede most of the ground there. (And I will also admit my style of writing tends to create over-dramatics due to wording choices.) I would still counter by saying that whatever skills you learn by playing your hardest against Kassadin are still viable material though in that field. As you said, Kassadin is extremely mobile and tanky. There are a few champions who can emulate that exact behavior, to a lesser extent of course.

Let's use Hecarim as an example. Between his Ult and his E he has options for wall-clearing tanky-ganks as well as clearing the top to bottom distances of the Dominion field fairly quickly (again, not Kassadin speed but fairly well). All that experience gained learning how to counter-play Kassadin will aid you in fighting a Hecarim if you ever encountered one in tournament play (a viable scenario as he, unlike Kassadin, is not auto-banned). Assuming both the person you practiced Kassadin against and the person playing Hecarim were equally skilled and utilizing similar tactics; you will have honed a counter-skill with specific applications to tournament play (and it will be even more effective because Hecarim will have greater weaknesses to exploit than Kassadin). Or as you put it; a 'real match'.

Also, from another point to consider: I admit at one point I also considered the idea of 'US' reporting Kassadin players to be a somewhat decent notion. However lets think about another aspect of player interaction for a moment.

Why do people usually say 'GG' at the end of a match, even if it went poorly?
Why do people usually disrespect those that say 'BG' and blame their teammates for a loss?

It comes down to an issue of sportsmanship, in my opinion. Even if someone on your team, or your opponent's, does not perform to your expectations you still give them a neutral farewell upon the game's completion. To which I claim; reporting for 'US' just because of a champion choice is equivalent to screaming out 'BG'.

It's not like this is some minor thing done in secret. There are a fair number of posts across multiple topics claiming either having participated in this act or encouraging others to do so. So people, within reasonable doubt, know they'll be harassed for playing Kassadin. It doesn't matter what form it comes in, poor sportsmanship diminishes the enjoyment of a game for someone else. And I'd take it a step further to claim that behavior is part of the reason people view the MOBA genre with such disdain, because even on something relatively minor as this people do not hesitate to throw all manners out the window and engage in the 'Eye For an Eye' style of interaction.

Those who love Dominion try to say it's one of the 'nicer' game modes LoL, if not MOBAs in general, has to offer. Why not try to keep it that way?

Eloquid

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
Am I the only person who wins games against Kassadin? Seriously, if you stop giving up at loading screen maybe you'll win a few.
A few.

SirLucious LftFt

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIENCE View Post
Here:

This is why I report unskilled. It's not against the summoner or me, but it could be valued as statistically significant someday. We all can dream.
i could be wrong but i thought that when they added the report system they said that report unskilled will try to never group u up witht the person you reported unless its completly needed, but that was so long ago i cant be 100%.
thats how i use it at least, if someone not necesarily has a bad game but blatently has no intention of playing the meta, or if someones trolling but not in a way that i see it trubunaly significant.

its a get away from trolls in the future tool i believe.

I cant remember a time ive ever reported someone for unskilled and seen them again ever but that could totoally be coincidence.

Torkable

01-29-2013

kass spammer justifying spamming kass. He's doing it for the greater good.
trollface.jpg?