On the Hunt and Raise Morale vs Shurelya's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElectroChrome

04-09-2013

Both Sivir's ult (On the Hunt) and Gangplanks E (Raise Morale) offer AOE ally movement speed buffs, similar to Shurelya's.

However, On the Hunt and Raise Morale both require a short channel time that stops the champion using the ability before increasing movement speed.

Additionally, the Raise Morale active removes the passive bonus from Gangplank until it comes off cooldown, which I believe is an old design concept that has been mostly removed from the league. Offloading a portion of the active bonuses into a permanent passive and lowering the ally buff penalty would be more intuitive from my perspective.

TLDR: I would prefer that both of these abilities are updated so that they function similar to Shurelya's in that they do not require a champion to stop moving in order to move faster. This is counterintuitive to the purpose of these abilities and in some cases can be game changing (using Raise Morale while chasing can cause GP to miss opportunities because of positioning).

awkwardbowman

04-09-2013

So how about you use it while in a bush and gank people instead of waiting until the end of a fight to go crazy?
If you're sivir and you're in a team fight and you're chasing someone down, I would hope you used your ult before hand...

And you're just a bit sad about GP losing a buff when his e is on cd? The same happens with yi and his passive AD bonus. A similar thing happens to Shaco when he uses his shiv. It's not abnormal at all.

Lastly you want to remove the casting time, but I dont' agree either. It's a way for people to note that you're using the skill. Also, pretty much every blink/jump ability has a delay as well. Ezreal's E, Shaco's deceive, Trist's jump etc. Would you like to remove those as well? Why should we have to pause before running away or jumping in to engage? Because it gives your opponent time to react.

This is just basic, but if you choose to start adding some stats to make a better argument, then we can discuss more.

ElectroChrome

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
So how about you use it while in a bush and gank people instead of waiting until the end of a fight to go crazy?
If you're sivir and you're in a team fight and you're chasing someone down, I would hope you used your ult before hand...

And you're just a bit sad about GP losing a buff when his e is on cd? The same happens with yi and his passive AD bonus. A similar thing happens to Shaco when he uses his shiv. It's not abnormal at all.

Lastly you want to remove the casting time, but I dont' agree either. It's a way for people to note that you're using the skill. Also, pretty much every blink/jump ability has a delay as well. Ezreal's E, Shaco's deceive, Trist's jump etc. Would you like to remove those as well? Why should we have to pause before running away or jumping in to engage? Because it gives your opponent time to react.

This is just basic, but if you choose to start adding some stats to make a better argument, then we can discuss more.
Categorizing an AOE movement speed buff with blinks does not really work for me - apples and oranges.

When I am fighting as GP I use Raise Morale on Cooldown, roughly every 15 seconds depending on build.

Neither Yi or Shaco are particularly strong champions right now, so perhaps the same issue could be evaluated there to some extent. Neither of those abilities affect allies, so they are not penalized for giving their team utility either way.

Shurelya's and Sona's Song of Celerity are quite visible to me and neither requires the champion to stop moving. To your point maybe adding more visual cues to GP and Sivir's buff would be more ideal?

And lastly, standing in brush with Sivir or GP in order to use a movement speed buff makes no sense to me personally. If I want to catch someone with GP, I typically cannot use Raise Morale (the ability that speeds me up) or it will cost me the range needed for Parrrley. Sona does not have to slow down in order to speed up her team and catch enemies, why does Gangplank?