Honor is forgotten

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zacoly

01-28-2013

I have bent over backwards being kind to my teammates for all of my games the last few weeks. I almost never get honored despite creating entertaining, fun, and complementary banter in nearly every game.
I'm not complaining because I don't get honor when I work to earn it so much as I'm writing because NOBODY honors in my elo anymore. I asked in my last game why nobody does and about half of my team responded saying they simply never think about honor, they forgot it exists.
If that is the case, then I would say the honor initiative has failed if many players that could be actively involved completely forget it exists.

Has anybody else noticed a massive decline in the use of the honor system?

Harate

01-28-2013

Completely agree. I give honor but I rarely get it anymore. I haven't changed my attitude at all. If anything i've been nicer and more helpful.

HenryKrinkle

01-28-2013

Honestly, I think you should be nice to other while not expecting anything back. Imo, the true spirit behind being nice is to never worry about recognition. No one gave you honors...so what? You were nice to them and thats what mattered

Shelzin

01-28-2013

I tell people that I honor that I honored them just before I leave chat. And before anyone says anything, I leave and go about my day, or another game. Honor really never been a problem for me.

Straynar

01-28-2013

I forget to honor people sometimes, but yea, honor is something not common now because it's not cool and fresh anymore.

Chau Mein

Recruiter

01-28-2013

I've found that if it's been a competitive, well played game, that Honor is shared with everybody. Honor isn't a big deal to me, as long as you yourself know that you've been a good opponent, helpful or friendly teammate, that's good enough. I myself forget about the honor system truthfully, or are to eager to get into another game that I immediately hit that 'Home' button, and I need to get better about that.

Straynar

01-28-2013

My FAVORITE is people that say asking for honor isn't bannable. Just had a guy say it. That only if you pay for it.

Basically it's become a failed system because of people like this. Also those who group a lot then honor each other. I honestly never honor people on my list after they're on it.

So yea it's upsetting, but overall is fail. To many people with badges that don't honestly deserve them. It's flooded, and in a way, rigged.

YouMaaaaaaaaaaaa

01-28-2013

they should create a system where you can honor players before the game starts for cooperating with team picks.

I also dont understand why people who que together should NOT be able to honor each other.
I almost always que with friends. It just makes no sense to have the ability to honor someone on your friends list and be susceptible to a ban for doing so.

Straynar

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMaaaaaaaaaaaa View Post
they should create a system where you can honor players before the game starts for cooperating with team picks.

I also dont understand why people who que together should NOT be able to honor each other.
I almost always que with friends. It just makes no sense to have the ability to honor someone on your friends list and be susceptible to a ban for doing so.
So you can actually be a horrible player or a troll and have an honor badge because your friends hooked you up?

The whole point is to honor people that YOU DON'T PLAY WITH. It DEFEATS the purpose.

I wasn't saying to be banned for honoring your friends either, but for ASKING for honor, yes, yes you should be.

zZzpingzZz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacoly View Post
Has anybody else noticed a massive decline in the use of the honor system?
I just started playing again regularly about 2 weeks ago so I might not have the best perspective on things however I usually play solo queue and only play classic 3v3 so am always playing with people I do not know.

I find that opponents usually only give honor if my team looses no matter how I converse with them in game and 9 out of 10 times its +2.

My teammates it seems is usually +1 on a loss and +2 on a win.

I read this post and went and played 3 games 2 losses one win and picked up 2 honor each game.