Should the ip boosts be refunded?

Yes, Refund the boost 243 52.83%
Yes, Refund the RP 125 27.17%
No. 92 20.00%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Riot stole my 24 hr Boost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProfDrDeath

01-29-2013

Support ticket OP.

AteDaBuffetOwner

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
I don't think they're acting that way at all, I think they're just being quiet about it because it's been like a day and they haven't had time to check into it thoroughly. Do you think a company that gave away currency that costs real money to otherwise get on multiple occasions would try to stiff people on IP boosts?

Pretty sure they didn't. I was getting double IP the entire time on Sunday.
I finished a game around 11:30 pst and didn't get double Ip for it. Pretty sure that counts as them ending it early.

BinaryUnicycle

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetron View Post
You should take legal action. It doesn't matter if if the servers crashed or not. Even more so the fact that they even acknowledge this is even more telling. You paid for a product and were entitled.

Its equivalent to going to McDonalds or something and ordering a meal. You pay the cashier and a minute later they tell you too bad on the food cause the employees just ate it..Oh and no refunds.

The amount of money you lost isn't that much but it is the principle of the matter. If it was me I would be pissed of that they did in fact just robbed me. Legal action would be taken and a good lawyer would be chopping at the bit on what kind of settlement he could get.

but the Waitress comes out and tells you too bad cause the employees ate your meal in the back so y
Legal action costs money, a lot of money. Even if he won it the lawyer would take most of the money.

Blues

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Riot's support is just automated replies now.

Your ticket wasn't read.
Maybe if someone actually read it..

Curlyfry

01-29-2013

This doesn't sound like Riot at all. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt.

Riot let me buy Pulsefire ezreal for half price the day AFTER his skin sale ended, swap names of two accounts for the price of one, and let me refund the Diana skin after they removed her Headdress.

They aren't greedy money grubbers, it was probably a miscommunication. So stingy for a damn 24 hour boost? Unlikely.

xLoCo

01-29-2013

I find it funny that people say "player support has gone down hill" but, its only when they don't get what they want. Riot seems to almost always be helpful and quick on issues so long as you aren't asking outrageous things for them to do or from them. Also I feel like you think that you all "bought" your 24 IP's at the same time when im sure you didn't regardless of a lan part or not.

Torwulf

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
Do you think a company that gave away currency that costs real money to otherwise get on multiple occasions would try to stiff people on IP boosts
...yes? That was a looooong time ago. Noticed how they haven't done it in years? Excepting the 1000RP debacle, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFry187 View Post
Riot let me buy Pulsefire ezreal for half price the day AFTER his skin sale ended, swap names of two accounts for the price of one, and let me refund the Diana skin after they removed her Headdress.
Well, someone loves you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCois1337 View Post
Riot seems to almost always be helpful and quick
Like when I waited two weeks for an account security response just to get someone who had no idea what I was even asking, right?

ninbushido

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstAlistarEver View Post
tencent op
Why is this their fault.

soupdelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

It feels bad to buy something and not get what you bought. You were shorted and don't let anyone here tell you otherwise. Something is wrong with the servers and I don't want to get ripped off so I'm not buying anything yet.

I was going to buy Vandal Gragas today but I'm not going to buy RP. I support your cause.

x Syotos x

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Sword View Post
I get them not refunding your friends loss of a couple hours, but its pretty strange that they woudln't refund you completely losing an IP boost halfway through. Just not a good policy.
]

Well update on this issue guys, Apparently they are now trying to say i bought a 4 win boost now and now a 24 hr boost. and i cant prove that it wasn't a 4 win except for my word and my friends for the fact that in that 8-9 hours we had won over 4 games easily, and the fact that well the boost disappeared after a loss which again at the time didnt think toi get a SS of. But im still trying to "fight" this in the support ticket 300 rp or not its the principle of how riot is treating their customers and this is just down right dirty.