Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should the ip boosts be refunded?

Yes, Refund the boost 243 52.83%
Yes, Refund the RP 125 27.17%
No. 92 20%
Voters 460 .

Riot stole my 24 hr Boost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kijitow

01-28-2013

Immediate profit>Consumer good will

Business 101

Zuphlas

01-28-2013

Quote:
Reinhart:
I'm considering just disputing the charge on my credit card bill and returning the $20 of RP I bought during the sale because this left a terrible taste in my mouth.

If you cancel the charge on your credit card your LoL account gets suspended because you purchased goods with the points already.

Scar Mortico

01-28-2013

That's terrible. Sorry to hear that. If I were charge I would give you a refund but I'm not sure how Riot deals with issues like this. Hope things work out.

Sylvr

01-28-2013

It sounds like a miscommunication to me. From what you told us about their response, it sounds like they think you're asking for a refund for the time lost while the server was down, and that they don't realize that your boost had been completely consumed earlier than it was supposed to.

Of course, you have to be able to prove to them that it DID expire early (screenshots would be helpful). Try to submit another ticket explaining your situation more in-depth, and request that they check the timing of your purchase, and the expiration of your boost to confirm that something went wrong.

Brightinly

01-28-2013

They should refund the RP, if they give you the boost they will probably just choose a week day to screw you over even more.

Delta Sniper

01-28-2013

Did you explain that you dont want the down time boost back you want the 14 hours that disappeared back it appears like they responded to you saying you want ip for the down time that you received but from what i read you want the 14 hours that magically disappeared.

Edit: Zed'd

AteDaBuffetOwner

01-28-2013

So it appears that I was right that riot screwed people over this weekend. This is to all the down voters from last night.

AteDaBuffetOwner

01-29-2013

I love how they're pretending that the server issues didn't happen. Also, they falsely advertised and ended the boost before they said they would.

Muppetron

01-29-2013

Quote:
x Syotos x:
The amount of care riot is showing towards their player base is getting lower and lower it seems with each passing month. Yes we were given a double IP weekend woohoo since IP is a ----- to get, so me and my friends decided to LAN party it up and buy a 24 hour boost for the weekend and make it even more benefiting, well getting around 1am Sunday morning (Saturday night) the servers start acting up as I bet majority of you all know, shutting down queue's for about 45 minutes and then i got kicked and had to wait about an hour and a half to get back in. But this is the icing ontop of the cake, about 8-9 hours into my 24 hour IP boost i lost a game nbd, but i was informed my IP boost had expired! i look over at my buddy who looks at his IP boost who still has about 14 hours left on his boost, it makes me really question, and knowing that it said it had expired after a loss confirms that what i already knew that i had bought a 24hr boost and not a 10win boost.

So i had contacted riot through the support ticket system and waited for a reply , and I had received one today, explaining to me that they will not refund me or replace the IP boost that was lost / "damaged" (with server downtime / crashes) . My friend who did not lose his IP boost but did lose a couple hours of using it because of the unplayable server status also made a ticket and was given the same response , that they were not going to refund , or replace.

So is it just our prejudice thinking of "we got robbed" (how ever little it is) its still robbery. Riot , yes you're a company and need to make money to stay afloat and keep the servers running for the game we play, but please don't forget the players that have stuck with you for the long haul before the big tournaments and big publicity.

You should take legal action. It doesn't matter if if the servers crashed or not. Even more so the fact that they even acknowledge this is even more telling. You paid for a product and were entitled.

Its equivalent to going to McDonalds or something and ordering a meal. You pay the cashier and a minute later they tell you too bad on the food cause the employees just ate it..Oh and no refunds.

The amount of money you lost isn't that much but it is the principle of the matter. If it was me I would be pissed of that they did in fact just robbed me. Legal action would be taken and a good lawyer would be chopping at the bit on what kind of settlement he could get.

but the Waitress comes out and tells you too bad cause the employees ate your meal in the back so y

Bergtau

01-29-2013

Quote:
XSparkleFistX:
They act like they're all poor and will go under by refunding stuff that should be refunded. It's not our fault. It's their fault. No matter what they think, they have the business, and we're the customer. Therefore, everything that happens will always be Riot's fault. They could stand to be more respectful in this regards.

I don't think they're acting that way at all, I think they're just being quiet about it because it's been like a day and they haven't had time to check into it thoroughly. Do you think a company that gave away currency that costs real money to otherwise get on multiple occasions would try to stiff people on IP boosts?
Quote:
AteDaBuffetOwner:
I love how they're pretending that the server issues didn't happen. Also, they falsely advertised and ended the boost before they said they would.

Pretty sure they didn't. I was getting double IP the entire time on Sunday.