Teemo needs a buff... in my opinion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodworksInc

01-28-2013

How dare you.

Cap'n Teemo is perfect as is, never doubt the ability of Cap'n Teemo to lead the charge into Neverland.

Shrooms, my friends.
Shrooms everywhere.

Cretinok

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzabo View Post
That's considering that one enemy will step in all 10 shrooms, consecutively, taking all the damage, it may be a TON of damage in paper, but in practice it's not so much, most of the time your shrooms are to warn you of incoming ganks or slow the enemy in duels.
Teemo OP you're saying?, if he's so OP why is he NEVER picked in tournaments? i mean, if he's so damn OP the pros would have noticed this ages ago, but you know, looks like they don't, maybe because Teemo SUCKS.
Lol, you missed my point.

I never said he was OP (well I did, but it was intended as a mockery as per the next line). I said that anything can be made to look OP / UP when viewed in a bubble.

The original poster saying Teemo is underpowered because is ult only does "like 300 dmg" compared to Darius and Wukong but that is only a VERY small piece of the big picture.

Caliber50

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzabo View Post
Sure bro, whatever you say.
Another teemo lover... QQ more

Gianki123

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
If your going to argue with random numbers, I'll use some of my own,

For the sake of argument, lets say 200 AP

Its not uncommon for Teemo to have 10 traps on the map. Each doing up to 450 + 80% AP

That 4500+1600 = 6100

Teemo OP

Anything when viewed in a bubble can be seen as OP / UP

And you think a champion is going to go over 10 traps in a row, you think that if you have tripped 3 and have low health you wont recall, and you think that people never forget to put traps and when 1 is ready they put it on the floor, there are many things that actually you are forgetting, Math isnt everything, Teemo, for me, isnt as powerful as Darius or Draven or many other champions, but i bet you think they are all right, teemo isnt as harmful as other players, he needs skill to be used good, teemo dies a lot, a 2v1 against teemo, he dies, but a 2v1 when teemo is in the offensive, he can actually be pretty good, so what do you think Mr. Albert Newton? is Teemo SOOOO OP after all?

Cretinok

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianki123 View Post
And you think a champion is going to go over 10 traps in a row, you think that if you have tripped 3 and have low health you wont recall, and you think that people never forget to put traps and when 1 is ready they put it on the floor, there are many things that actually you are forgetting, Math isnt everything, Teemo, for me, isnt as powerful as Darius or Draven or many other champions, but i bet you think they are all right, teemo isnt as harmful as other players, he needs skill to be used good, teemo dies a lot, a 2v1 against teemo, he dies, but a 2v1 when teemo is in the offensive, he can actually be pretty good, so what do you think Mr. Albert Newton? is Teemo SOOOO OP after all?
Holy **** another one.

Seems that nobody understands sarcasm anymore. They read Teemo OP and immediately start to flame.

Read my response to Tzabo.

Of course its unlikey that a single champ is going to run over 10 of them. But Teemo's ult is not balanced around damage but the utility it provides. Last I checked Darius uses his ult to kill steal and feed himself, providing no utility whatsoever.

Gianki123

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
Holy **** another one.

Seems that nobody understands sarcasm anymore. They read Teemo OP and immediately start to flame.

Read my response to Tzabo.

Of course its unlikey that a single champ is going to run over 10 of them. But Teemo's ult is not balanced around damage but the utility it provides. Last I checked Darius uses his ult to kill steal and feed himself, providing no utility whatsoever.
if i made a topic about how Teemo needs a BUFF dont you think i LIKE TEEMO? then what would be the point of expressing my ideas of why buff him if i didnt like him?

Tsabo

01-28-2013

I think most people don't understand why Teemo players say "Teemo isn't OP, Teemo is UP", i'll try to explain you guys the best i can.

All started (well it started years ago, but it's not necessary to tell the whole story) when Pre-Season started, tons of new items, changes, masteries, blablabla, most champions got some benefit from this, Teemo wasn't the exception. So here was this new item Lyandri's Torment, this item was really useful to AP Teemo and well, everyone hates Teemo and his shrooms, so this alerted Riot's Radar and they nerfed Teemo's Shrooms base damage AND Teemo's E Ratio, but there's something they forgot about this. There's more than just one build for our little Yordle, There's Tanky, On-hit, Hybrid, AP and probably there's a lot more, some of this builds get little to no AP, others don't get AP at all, this builds need the base damage to "succeed", we created some threads in GD and Champion Feedback, with no response.

Let me ask something, if this nerfs were aimed to AP Teemo, why would you nerf the Base Damage instead the Ratio?. If they wanted to decrease Teemo's annoyance, why would you turn Lyandri's Torment into a must item for Teemo? you know, if you nerf a champion because of an item, that item becomes a must.

Every day more people stop playing him with Hybrid. Tanky or other builds and start building AP, since it's the only way to succeed with him now.

TL;DR: We don't think AP Teemo sucks, it's OK, but not everyone plays him like that, he has probably like 4-5 legit builds and with every single nerf you keep throwing at Teemo, they become more and more useless, that's why we complain.

Cretinok

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianki123 View Post
if i made a topic about how Teemo needs a BUFF dont you think i LIKE TEEMO? then what would be the point of expressing my ideas of why buff him if i didnt like him?
Unfortunatley, that last comment is lost on me as it doesnt seem to have any correlation to what I said.

However, let me try ot explain.

You were arguing that Teemo is underpowered because his mushrooms only do 300 damage compared to other champs who's ultimates do much more.

But his mushrooms are not balanced around their damage. The utility they provide to the team is huge, but its not something which is easily quantifiable on a score sheet.

When comparing the relative strengths of champions, you need to look at their whole kit, not just one ability.

TheGiantYordle

01-28-2013

O.o... Teemo as Under Powered, I think that's a first in quite awhile. I vote you practice with the little man a bit more, and discover the glory of a Lich Bane. .. Hit, Q, Hit - Generally dead, or dying. Also, have a bit of CDR so you can shroom the map like a minefield.

workthecorners

01-28-2013

teemo is basically useless in a teamfight single target damage at short range. Unless you are fighting in a mushroom field. his only use is a 2 second blind. if he dosnt het fed and snowball he's basically a liability all game. even if teemo shuts down a Darius in lane if darius plated smart and didn't feed teemo darius will be more uesfull late game dunking people.

I used to main teemo untill I realized I could be so much more useful to my team at the cost of a little more work during laning phase.