Help with Mordekaiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pushing Sharks

01-28-2013

Hey guy's, ShadowCEG here. Recently I have really gotten into Mordekaiser, and I have become semi-good with him. I have watched numerous videos on youtube, and found that the way people farm with him is how I taught myself. I have tried building him full APC, and I built as a heavy HP Bruiser. I noticed that I do significantly more damage early and mid game with full APC, but when it comes to the game deciding team fights, Bruiser Morde has always carried the team to victory.

If you're an AVID Mordekaiser player, please inform me as to how you play him. My goal is to become Ranked with him, so any thought or ideas would be appreciated!

One more thing to all the Numero Uno players out there, do you think Mordekaiser's Shield should be buffed to 1000 points instead of 630? I have noticed champions with high burst easily destroy his Shield and bring him down quickly. His Shield is meant to protect him from champions with high burst, such as Akali. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Classica...G?feature=mhee

S0T0

Recruiter

01-28-2013

If you say he needs a buff, you're playing him wrong.

Bad Player

01-28-2013

Spam.

Bully.

Ward.

Rush Revolver.

Farm wraiths.

Build AP.

Always shield.

Never die.

Nishaven90

01-29-2013

I believe that Bruiser Mordekaiser is far better than AP Mordekaiser. AP Mordekaiser does a large amount of damage but his weaknesses lie in the fact he isn't even tanky without the shield up. Mordekaiser is melee without any single type of mobility at all, so why build him as a glass cannon AP which dies in two seconds in a team fight? It is just the same as building full AD Master Yi or AP Diana, it just doesn't work well against a team which is competent.

For the build, build whatever works well with you. I like to go Hextech Revolver into Warmogs Armour + Guardian Angel as my first items and have been finding great success with this build. Like I said before though, build whatever suits you most, if you are doing well with more of an AP orientated or tank orientated Mordekaiser, go for it. There isn't a "proper" way to play a champion or build a champion, just some ways are more effective than others.

The way I build Mordekaiser is:

Merc Treads/Sorcerers Shoes
Hextech Gunblade/Will of the Ancients
Warmogs Armour
Guardian Angel/Runic Bulwark
Abyssal Scepter/Zhonyas Hourglass
Void Staff

pyrotech3000

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCEG View Post
Hey guy's, ShadowCEG here. Recently I have really gotten into Mordekaiser, and I have become semi-good with him. I have watched numerous videos on youtube, and found that the way people farm with him is how I taught myself. I have tried building him full APC, and I built as a heavy HP Bruiser. I noticed that I do significantly more damage early and mid game with full APC, but when it comes to the game deciding team fights, Bruiser Morde has always carried the team to victory.

If you're an AVID Mordekaiser player, please inform me as to how you play him. My goal is to become Ranked with him, so any thought or ideas would be appreciated!

One more thing to all the Numero Uno players out there, do you think Mordekaiser's Shield should be buffed to 1000 points instead of 630? I have noticed champions with high burst easily destroy his Shield and bring him down quickly. His Shield is meant to protect him from champions with high burst, such as Akali. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Classica...G?feature=mhee
Mord has been my first Champ and my favorite in the whole game, and from your build, I have to say that you have the right idea. however, there are some changes that you might want to make. MY build for Mordekaiser allows him to be out in the field longer without recalling, pushing more, and being both surprisingly tanky AND full of AP damaging. what I use for mord is to:

1. start mord off with 3 health regen potions and a flask of regeneration so that he can stay out in the field longer in the beggining of the game. this also allows him to get more gold faster and get better items faster along with leveling up faster and without recalling as much.
2. after getting 1200+ gold and have used up your flask, recall and get hextech revolver.
3. go out again and get enough gold for giant's belt and blasting wand (1860+ gold) and, if you have enough extra gold, you can get the sorcerer's boots if you feel it is necessary, but i personally don't like them. this is also when i drop the flask and use up the potions if i haven't already.
4. now you can start being more agressive because you have spell vamp, AP, and extra health.
5. get either void staff or rabadons deathcap for super hard hitting your E spell and ult.
6. save up for warmog's so that you can push enemies and survive against turrets.
7. so that mord can be brusing and charge up even more AP, get nashor's tooth for faster hitting, faster cooldowns, and , again, more AP.
8. upgrade revolver to gunblade and finish your build with spirit visage for extra spellvamp, magic resist, health, cooldown reduction, lifesteal, and health regen all in one.

Following this build, i have gotten a recent personal record score of kills/deaths/assists of 28/6/17. if you could please try this build out and give me some feedback on how this build was compared to your other, that would be heavily appreciated!

reapermech

03-09-2013

never build straight hp on morde get zhonyas abyssal scepter ryalis liandry's will of the ancients and sorc boots or boots of mobility