Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game lag spikes when roommate is home

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yovrself

01-28-2013

I have 2 roommates and when I am the only one home the game plays fine. I can even play while streaming hulu, netflix, hbo, or twitch and it never lags. I even duo with another roommate while we both play LoL and I stream. However when my other roommate comes home I get these random 500 ping lag spikes that last about 2 minutes. It has made the game unbearable to play and I cannot understand why? It is not a random occurrence literally every time he is home my ping spikes. Sometimes he is streaming sometimes he is doing nothing. I have Time Warner Cable and have a steady connection. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

McZwick

01-30-2013

Yes...me!

I used to be able to play while my wife streamed Netflix...now I can't. It's been around a month or so. Maybe from the Vi patch?

komakozee

02-02-2013

I am having the same issue, I can open the internet fine. my internet connection is uninterrupted but LOL seems to ping spike to 500 every game, I even tried creating custom games against bots, still lag out EVERY GAME around lvl 5. I have checked for anyone else having issues similar to this, i have tried every fix so far, turned off peer to peer, uninstalled pando media booster, I even reinstalled Adobe hoping it would fix a glitch but still lag spike somewhere between lvl 5-8 every game... please fix the patch

komakozee

02-02-2013

I am having the same issue. internet is fine before after and DURING the game play. yet i lag spike to 500 and it fails to reconnect. even in bot games. This is not an internet issue. I have tried uninstalling pando media booster, disabling peer 2 peer, and even re-installing adobe hoping to fix a glitch somewhere... I would assume that it is the Vi patch but if this were the case wouldn't everyone i get qued with have the same issue? Anyone know how to fix this?

Mostro Gallo

02-02-2013

How is this a bug? Post such threads in Help & Support, you'd get better responses there!

Cyraknoss

02-02-2013

Sounds like his computer has a something eating up your bandwidth honestly if it's only when his computer is on then it's likely his computer that is the source of the problem not the lol client.