Game lag spikes when roommate is home

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yovrself

01-28-2013

I have 2 roommates and when I am the only one home the game plays fine. I can even play while streaming hulu, netflix, hbo, or twitch and it never lags. I even duo with another roommate while we both play LoL and I stream. However when my other roommate comes home I get these random 500 ping lag spikes that last about 2 minutes. It has made the game unbearable to play and I cannot understand why? It is not a random occurrence literally every time he is home my ping spikes. Sometimes he is streaming sometimes he is doing nothing. I have Time Warner Cable and have a steady connection. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

McZwick

01-30-2013

Yes...me!

I used to be able to play while my wife streamed Netflix...now I can't. It's been around a month or so. Maybe from the Vi patch?

komakozee

02-02-2013

I am having the same issue, I can open the internet fine. my internet connection is uninterrupted but LOL seems to ping spike to 500 every game, I even tried creating custom games against bots, still lag out EVERY GAME around lvl 5. I have checked for anyone else having issues similar to this, i have tried every fix so far, turned off peer to peer, uninstalled pando media booster, I even reinstalled Adobe hoping it would fix a glitch but still lag spike somewhere between lvl 5-8 every game... please fix the patch

komakozee

02-02-2013

I am having the same issue. internet is fine before after and DURING the game play. yet i lag spike to 500 and it fails to reconnect. even in bot games. This is not an internet issue. I have tried uninstalling pando media booster, disabling peer 2 peer, and even re-installing adobe hoping to fix a glitch somewhere... I would assume that it is the Vi patch but if this were the case wouldn't everyone i get qued with have the same issue? Anyone know how to fix this?

Mostro Gallo

02-02-2013

How is this a bug? Post such threads in Help & Support, you'd get better responses there!

Cyraknoss

02-02-2013

Sounds like his computer has a something eating up your bandwidth honestly if it's only when his computer is on then it's likely his computer that is the source of the problem not the lol client.